Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Deadliest Catch on Discovery

Anybody watching it?

It's a great documentary series on the Alaskan crab industry.

Really interesting.

Later,

Tom
Harry,Krause

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 00:29:14 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Anybody watching it?

It's a great documentary series on the Alaskan crab industry.

Really interesting.

Later,

Tom

I used to skipper a 39' trawler lobster boat in the North Berring sea,
and it is indeed a hostile work enviorment, but I was the only captain
that never had an injury or death. In fact, I provided rescue for no
less tha 6 differnt vessles in distress.

Short Wave Sportfishing

wrote:

Anybody watching it?

It's a great documentary series on the Alaskan crab industry.

Really interesting.

Later,

Tom

I used to skipper a 39' trawler lobster boat in the North Berring sea,
and it is indeed a hostile work enviorment, but I was the only captain
that never had an injury or death. In fact, I provided rescue for no
less tha 6 differnt vessles in distress.

Your act is getting a little old.

Later,

Tom
John H

wrote:

Anybody watching it?

It's a great documentary series on the Alaskan crab industry.

Really interesting.

Later,

Tom

I used to skipper a 39' trawler lobster boat in the North Berring sea,
and it is indeed a hostile work enviorment, but I was the only captain
that never had an injury or death. In fact, I provided rescue for no
less tha 6 differnt vessles in distress.

Your act is getting a little old.

Later,

Tom

It's getting almost as old as the 'real' Harry K.
--
John H

JimH

Anybody watching it?

It's a great documentary series on the Alaskan crab industry.

Really interesting.

Later,

Tom

I watched it last season and caught it for the first time (this season) last
night.

Some pretty tough and dangerous work, but well suited for those folks who
only want to work 3 days out of the year (18 hour days) and then relax for
3-6 months.

They get $5/lb wholesale for that king crab. Around here it goes retail
(frozen) for about $20 ~ $25/lb.

Heck Lake Erie perch is at $16/lb and is a lot safer (and more fun) to
catch. But I have never seen a 150,000 lb catch of perch from one boat,
especially in only 3 days.. ;-)

Jim,

JimH wrote:

Anybody watching it?

It's a great documentary series on the Alaskan crab industry.

Really interesting.

Later,

Tom

I watched it last season and caught it for the first time (this season) last
night.

Some pretty tough and dangerous work, but well suited for those folks who
only want to work 3 days out of the year (18 hour days) and then relax for
3-6 months.

They get $5/lb wholesale for that king crab. Around here it goes retail
(frozen) for about $20 ~ $25/lb.

Heck Lake Erie perch is at $16/lb and is a lot safer (and more fun) to
catch. But I have never seen a 150,000 lb catch of perch from one boat,
especially in only 3 days.. ;-)

Is that $20-25 for the whole crab, or just the legs? If just the legs
-- lotta waste involved.
Bill McKee

"JimH" wrote in message

Anybody watching it?

It's a great documentary series on the Alaskan crab industry.

Really interesting.

Later,

Tom

I watched it last season and caught it for the first time (this season)
last night.

Some pretty tough and dangerous work, but well suited for those folks who
only want to work 3 days out of the year (18 hour days) and then relax for
3-6 months.

They get $5/lb wholesale for that king crab. Around here it goes retail
(frozen) for about $20 ~ $25/lb.

Heck Lake Erie perch is at $16/lb and is a lot safer (and more fun) to
catch. But I have never seen a 150,000 lb catch of perch from one boat,
especially in only 3 days.. ;-)

I skied with a former Alaskan crabber a few years ago. He gave it up (and
drugs) after a nasty trip. They got caught in big wind and seas, and very
cold. They were dumping the crab traps and taking turns with the fire axe
on the ice build up. He said the 1" front stainless rail was about 3' in
diameter with ice. They were listing about 50 degrees, and their partner
boat was never seen again.

DISCOVERY 2005 SHOW benson Cruising 0 November 17th 04 03:33 PM
Columbus Special tonight on Discovery Channel Gould 0738 General 0 August 1st 04 07:32 PM
Discovery of the GOP Gene Gary Warner General 0 March 24th 04 02:45 PM
Discovery 32 Jens Teglman Cruising 2 December 28th 03 12:25 AM
Opinions on discovery Aurora Aazenith Touring 0 September 11th 03 09:47 AM