Doug Kanter

Default Moderator?

If you see a topic regarding bilge pumps, but you have no interest in that
at the moment, what do you do?

"Joe. R" wrote in message
link.net...
Doesn't this board have a moderator? It's really a downer to see a once
fine source of information on boats and boating in general get polluted by
non boating garbage.

There are other sites where folks can spout off on non-boating topics.

jr

John Smith

Doug,

I know my post will not make a difference, but what has happened is that
most of the contributors who liked the forum as a group to discussion boats,
have long left this group. The regulars now come here to discuss politics
and ignore most posts concerning boats. As I said, I know the group wont'
change, but Joe's posts is a fair request. At one time, this group was 90%
on topic and 10% off topic, it is now about 80% OFF TOPIC and 20% on topic.
Since the group is not moderated, it will go whatever way the regulars want
it to go, but I am sure we will see less and less boating topics as this
group is taking over by those who think it is a political forum. It appears
that the regulars want this to be a political forum.

"Joe. R" wrote in message
link.net...
Doesn't this board have a moderator? It's really a downer to see a once
fine source of information on boats and boating in general get polluted

by
non boating garbage.

There are other sites where folks can spout off on non-boating topics.

jr

Keith & Laura Koether

It's more like rec.boats.kindergarten. I can't wait for spring. It will give
me an excuse to get off the net and on my boat.
--
Keith & Laura Koether
Pleasure Island

"Joe. R" wrote in message
link.net...
Doesn't this board have a moderator? It's really a downer to see a

once
fine source of information on boats and boating in general get

polluted
by
non boating garbage.

There are other sites where folks can spout off on non-boating topics.

jr

Doug Kanter

I'm sure the proportions will change as the boats go back in the water. But,
my question is still a valid one which some people can't answer. What do you
do when you see a boating question that's of no interest to you whatsoever?

"Joe. R" wrote in message
link.net...
Doesn't this board have a moderator? It's really a downer to see a

once
fine source of information on boats and boating in general get

polluted
by
non boating garbage.

There are other sites where folks can spout off on non-boating topics.

jr

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
I usually read them and if I have something to contribute I do. If I don't
then I don't.

That makes you one of the people ruining the group.
Doug Kanter

"Petey the Wonder Dog" wrote in message
Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
I usually read them and if I have something to contribute I do. If I

don't
then I don't.

That makes you one of the people ruining the group.

Maybe he doesn't contribute because someone he could only post what someone
has already posted. Why be redundant? Or, maybe he doesn't know the answer
to someone's question. You think he should start pulling ideas out of his
ass just to see his name in a message? :-)

Florida Keyz

personally,I still read some of th posts,but pretty much this group has been
ruined by the OT assholes.