BoatBanter.com

-   -   On Topic: Jones Brother Boats (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/3386-topic-jones-brother-boats.html)

Short Wave Sportfishing February 29th 04 10:18 PM

On Topic: Jones Brother Boats

Got a chance to ride around in a Jones Brothers Bateau 220 LT today -
nice boat.

Pretty functional, but everything fit properly, didn't seem to have a
lot of "flaws" - pretty basic boat for the light tackle set.

I didn't like the ride - it seemed a little rough to me. Very light
chop in Narragansett Bay and you could feel every whack and thud. I'm
not sure what that says about the boat - maybe not enough floatation?

Plenty of forward casting space. Storage was minimal - the boat would
require additional rod holders. Seating was minimal. It is what is
is - a fishing platform for inshore light tackle fishing.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------

Basic Fishing Program:

10 - Fish
20 - Eat
30 - Sleep
40 - Goto 10

Harry Krause February 29th 04 11:28 PM

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Got a chance to ride around in a Jones Brothers Bateau 220 LT today -
nice boat.

Pretty functional, but everything fit properly, didn't seem to have a
lot of "flaws" - pretty basic boat for the light tackle set.

I didn't like the ride - it seemed a little rough to me. Very light
chop in Narragansett Bay and you could feel every whack and thud. I'm
not sure what that says about the boat - maybe not enough floatation?

I got a ride in one last year on Chesapeake Bay, where the one-foot-chot
will knock your fillings out, and I thought it road really rough, too.
In fact, it pounded a lot until we got off plane.

Short Wave Sportfishing February 29th 04 11:45 PM

On Topic: Jones Brother Boats

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:28:49 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Got a chance to ride around in a Jones Brothers Bateau 220 LT today -
nice boat.

Pretty functional, but everything fit properly, didn't seem to have a
lot of "flaws" - pretty basic boat for the light tackle set.

I didn't like the ride - it seemed a little rough to me. Very light
chop in Narragansett Bay and you could feel every whack and thud. I'm
not sure what that says about the boat - maybe not enough floatation?

I got a ride in one last year on Chesapeake Bay, where the one-foot-chot
will knock your fillings out, and I thought it road really rough, too.
In fact, it pounded a lot until we got off plane.

I much prefer light tackle fishing and I really like boats in this
class. I was a little surprized at this boat, though, because I
heard some really good things about them.

I think it's the waters we fish up here in NE. You read reviews of
boats and in these waters, they don't match up very well. My Ranger
is a great example of that. I bought the 200C because I fished on one
down in Texas and really liked the boat. It was shortly after I
purchased the boat, I took it out around Race Rock and started
wondering if I had made a mistake. However, it does fine in the Bay,
close inshore and the big lakes, so I can't complain - that's why I
bought it.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT

Basic Fishing Program:

10 - Fish
20 - Eat
30 - Sleep
40 - Goto 10

Florida Keyz March 1st 04 12:47 AM

On Topic: Jones Brother Boats

If you post O.T.your a dumbazz,if you post o.t. with a false name , you are a
coward and and Azhole!