BoatBanter.com

-   -   And the Bush lies just keep on coming (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/3361-bush-lies-just-keep-coming.html)

Doug Kanter March 2nd 04 09:11 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

"John H" wrote in message
On 2 Mar 2004 12:03:57 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

John H wrote in message
John, what you seem to forget is that scientists use SCIENCE.
Regardless of their political bend. The basis of their report is not
their political referendum, it's the science that they use, to know
for a FACT, what Bush is doing to the environment.

Oh, I see. So there is always 100% agreement among scientists because
they all use science. So scientists are never biased one way or the
other.

Do you really believe that?

Absolutely. Good science can not be biased. If it WERE flawed, it
would be easily reputed.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Bear with me, b'asskisser, I'm a little slow. Are you suggesting that
anyone who calls himself a 'scientist' uses only 'good' science?
Wouldn't that mean that scientists could never disagree?

John H

What a silly question! Of course good scientists disagree. Just last week, I
read that there are two vastly different approaches to the true cause of mad
cow disease. The prion theory is one, and the other is....something else-I
don't remember. Neither side is calling the other stupid.

John H March 2nd 04 09:33 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:10:29 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 17:45:50 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

My boy? The last time I voted it was for Al Sharpton.

John H

John, baiting newsgroup visitors only works on Harry. Try again. :-)

What do you mean, baiting? I *did* vote for Al!

John H

Yeah. Right.

Honest!

Why??? The has no attractive qualities. Were you unimpressed with the other
choices?

I wanted to **** off Wesley Clark. I thought he was a scumbag of the
first order. I even got my wife to vote for Sharpton. I really wanted
Sharpton to get more votes than Clark, but it didn't happen.

If Edwards became the Democrat's choice, I might consider voting for
him. Not Kerry though. I think the alternative, Bush, is still better
than Kerry.

John H March 2nd 04 09:34 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:51:13 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
. com...
John H wrote in message
John, what you seem to forget is that scientists use SCIENCE.
Regardless of their political bend. The basis of their report is not
their political referendum, it's the science that they use, to know
for a FACT, what Bush is doing to the environment.

Oh, I see. So there is always 100% agreement among scientists because
they all use science. So scientists are never biased one way or the
other.

Do you really believe that?

Absolutely. Good science can not be biased. If it WERE flawed, it
would be easily reputed.

I'm not playing both sides here, but in fact, most good science IS biased.
Most research begins with a theory and experiments are designed around that
theory. This doesn't detract from the value of the research, especially if
other scientists attack the problem from another angle eventually, which
they usually do.

With regard to pollution, you don't hear many (if any) scientists refuting
results which have been measured repeatedly for the past 20 years. Acid rain
is a perfect example. At this point in history, only idiots don't believe
that it wrecks bodies of water.

Does that mean Rush Limbaugh is an idiot when it comes to the
environment?

And, Doug, how come you're not working???

Doug Kanter March 2nd 04 09:36 PM

"John H" wrote in message

Why??? The has no attractive qualities. Were you unimpressed with the

other
choices?

I wanted to **** off Wesley Clark. I thought he was a scumbag of the
first order. I even got my wife to vote for Sharpton. I really wanted
Sharpton to get more votes than Clark, but it didn't happen.

If Edwards became the Democrat's choice, I might consider voting for
him. Not Kerry though. I think the alternative, Bush, is still better
than Kerry.

Well....I guess if you feel everyone should have equal rights....even
idiots... I prefer a shifty smart person to a dolt, though.

Doug Kanter March 2nd 04 09:37 PM

John H wrote in message
[...]

If he believes acid rain is harmless, then yes, he's an idiot. Scientists
have laced coal with tracer chemicals in Ohio power plants and found it in
bodies of water in upstate NY. The rest is simple: Some fish don't live at
certain pH levels. End of story.

And, Doug, how come you're not working???

I'm multitasking.

John H March 2nd 04 09:37 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:11:42 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

.. .

John H wrote in message
[...]

Oh, I thought they called it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already
taken. Everything I ever thought I knew anything about is getting
totally shaken up in this one thread.

If you're right, that good scientists disagree, then b'asskisser must
be wrong. Since b'asskisser is never wrong, something's wrong.

Doug Kanter March 2nd 04 09:43 PM

"John H" wrote in message

[...]

It's a mystery! We need a Vulcan to solve this one.

John H March 2nd 04 09:50 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:43:38 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I finished my income taxes, electronically filed them, and now I've
got to fix dinner. The wife will be home from work soon, and I can't
show her all this stuff as a reason for not cooking!

Have a good day!

John H March 2nd 04 10:37 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:36:06 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

Why??? The has no attractive qualities. Were you unimpressed with the

other
choices?

I wanted to **** off Wesley Clark. I thought he was a scumbag of the
first order. I even got my wife to vote for Sharpton. I really wanted
Sharpton to get more votes than Clark, but it didn't happen.

If Edwards became the Democrat's choice, I might consider voting for
him. Not Kerry though. I think the alternative, Bush, is still better
than Kerry.

Well....I guess if you feel everyone should have equal rights....even
idiots... I prefer a shifty smart person to a dolt, though.

I agree with the shifty smart person, but I don't think Bush is a
dolt. I think he just can't speak publicly. He does OK when he's
reading, and he did learn to fly an F-102. That takes some smarts.

Harry Krause March 3rd 04 12:04 AM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

John H wrote:

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:30:14 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

.....and in the final analysis, pollution credits may not matter, anyway.
Your boy is managing to alienate former supporters every day. Must be his
hobby.

Go here...
http://www.npr.org/rundowns/rundown....ate=1-Mar-2004

...and scroll about 2/3 of the way down the page to this heading. It's a
sound file containing a story from yesterday's broadcast.
Outdoors Enthusiasts Question Bush Policies

My boy? The last time I voted it was for Al Sharpton.

John H

Which just proves what a sleaze you are, because if you did vote for
Sharpton, you voted in the Democratic primary, and since you are a
Republican, you cast your vote as a would-be spoiler.

Bert Robbins March 3rd 04 12:58 AM

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John H wrote:

My boy? The last time I voted it was for Al Sharpton.

John H

Which just proves what a sleaze you are, because if you did vote for
Sharpton, you voted in the Democratic primary, and since you are a
Republican, you cast your vote as a would-be spoiler.

Harry, we are learning! Don't you remember the last gubernatorial election
in Maryland? The one where Democrats were -re-registering as Republicans in
the primary and then re-reregistering as Democrats in the regular election.
They tried to get anybody but Erlich as the Rebublican nominee.

Harry Krause March 3rd 04 01:02 AM

John H wrote:

My boy? The last time I voted it was for Al Sharpton.

John H

Which just proves what a sleaze you are, because if you did vote for
Sharpton, you voted in the Democratic primary, and since you are a
Republican, you cast your vote as a would-be spoiler.

Harry, we are learning! Don't you remember the last gubernatorial election
in Maryland? The one where Democrats were -re-registering as Republicans in
the primary and then re-reregistering as Democrats in the regular election.
They tried to get anybody but Erlich as the Rebublican nominee.

Nope. I don't remember hearing of any Democrats who registered as
Republicans
in order to vote in someone other than Erlich as the nominee. A large
number of Republicans in Georgia
crossed over to vote for Edwards, in order to stymie Kerry, but I think
Kerry will carry Georgia.

I think Bush is in deep, deep trouble. Almost every time he opens his
mouth, he's caught in a series of lies...and all he has left at the
moment is trying to trash Kerry. Not very presidential.

Charles March 3rd 04 01:44 AM

basskisser wrote:

Absolutely. Good science can not be biased. If it WERE flawed, it
would be easily reputed.

Reputed?

Good God Almighty.

-- Charlie

basskisser March 3rd 04 12:04 PM

Charles wrote in message ...
basskisser wrote:

Absolutely. Good science can not be biased. If it WERE flawed, it
would be easily reputed.

Reputed?

Good God Almighty.

-- Charlie

Never made a typo, there, Charlie?

basskisser March 3rd 04 12:19 PM

Charles wrote in message ...
basskisser wrote:

Absolutely. Good science can not be biased. If it WERE flawed, it
would be easily reputed.

Reputed?

Good God Almighty.

-- Charlie

Charlie, in the interest of fairness, I've taken two whole minutes to
bring up some of YOUR jewels. Good God almighty.

Interesting how some who think they are open-minded and bright and
really the most closed minded and dumb people, like you.

What to HELL does that above sentence mean?

LOL! Gawd, it never stops with you.

Gawd??? Is that a word?

kinda like b'asskisser listening to rush limbaugh.

A person's name, being a proper noun, should be capitalized, and if
you were to look at my screen name, it is basskisser.

Figures. Same way you democrats handle taxpayers now.

Figures, punctuated like it is a complete sentence?

Jim-- March 3rd 04 12:45 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
Charles wrote in message

basskisser wrote:

Absolutely. Good science can not be biased. If it WERE flawed, it
would be easily reputed.

Reputed?

Good God Almighty.

-- Charlie

Never made a typo, there, Charlie?

It could certainly be a typo if the "p" and the "f" keys were next to or
close to each other. The problem is, they are not.

It was not a typo. Just as your spelling of the word "intelligence" (you
spelled it "intelligents") was not.

No one would care about your lack of spelling skills if you did not
continually call people "stupid".

Learn a lesson from this, laugh about it and move on.

Doug Kanter March 3rd 04 03:29 PM

"John H" wrote in message
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:36:06 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

So, why did you vote for Sharpton instead of Bush?

Calif Bill March 3rd 04 06:36 PM

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"John H" wrote in message
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:36:06 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Because, Bush may not have been on his ballot.

John H March 3rd 04 08:51 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:29:58 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:36:06 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Bush wasn't on the Democratic primary ticket. Al was.

John H March 3rd 04 08:51 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

wrote:

.....and in the final analysis, pollution credits may not matter, anyway.
Your boy is managing to alienate former supporters every day. Must be his
hobby.

Go here...
http://www.npr.org/rundowns/rundown....ate=1-Mar-2004

...and scroll about 2/3 of the way down the page to this heading. It's a
sound file containing a story from yesterday's broadcast.
Outdoors Enthusiasts Question Bush Policies

My boy? The last time I voted it was for Al Sharpton.

John H

Which just proves what a sleaze you are, because if you did vote for
Sharpton, you voted in the Democratic primary, and since you are a
Republican, you cast your vote as a would-be spoiler.

Brilliant mosquitoes, no less!

Doug Kanter March 3rd 04 09:01 PM

"John H" wrote in message
So, why did you vote for Sharpton instead of Bush?

Bush wasn't on the Democratic primary ticket. Al was.

John H

OK...I missed the part about "primary", and I didn't recall if Sharpton ran
with one of the "other" parties in the last pres election. Come to think of
it, I've lost track of whether you were were referring to yesterday's
primary, or something 4 years ago. Never mind. :-)

John H March 3rd 04 09:08 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:01:08 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
So, why did you vote for Sharpton instead of Bush?

Bush wasn't on the Democratic primary ticket. Al was.

John H

OK...I missed the part about "primary", and I didn't recall if Sharpton ran
with one of the "other" parties in the last pres election. Come to think of
it, I've lost track of whether you were were referring to yesterday's
primary, or something 4 years ago. Never mind. :-)

The demo primaries were last Tues here in Virginia. No party
affiliation is required to vote in the primaries.

Doug Kanter March 3rd 04 09:13 PM

"John H" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:01:08 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
So, why did you vote for Sharpton instead of Bush?

Bush wasn't on the Democratic primary ticket. Al was.

John H

OK...I missed the part about "primary", and I didn't recall if Sharpton

ran
with one of the "other" parties in the last pres election. Come to think

of
it, I've lost track of whether you were were referring to yesterday's
primary, or something 4 years ago. Never mind. :-)

The demo primaries were last Tues here in Virginia. No party
affiliation is required to vote in the primaries.

John H

Speaking of quality: You know what this country needs, John? A shower caddy
made out of solid stainless steel, not that chrome plated pig-iron from
China.

John H March 4th 04 12:54 AM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:13:25 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:01:08 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
So, why did you vote for Sharpton instead of Bush?

Bush wasn't on the Democratic primary ticket. Al was.

John H

OK...I missed the part about "primary", and I didn't recall if Sharpton

ran
with one of the "other" parties in the last pres election. Come to think

of
it, I've lost track of whether you were were referring to yesterday's
primary, or something 4 years ago. Never mind. :-)

The demo primaries were last Tues here in Virginia. No party
affiliation is required to vote in the primaries.

John H

Speaking of quality: You know what this country needs, John? A shower caddy
made out of solid stainless steel, not that chrome plated pig-iron from
China.

Yup. And it would be nice if the damn suction cups would stick to the
damn wall instead of releasing just when your head is under it!

Doug Kanter March 4th 04 05:51 AM

"John H" wrote in message

Speaking of quality: You know what this country needs, John? A shower

caddy
made out of solid stainless steel, not that chrome plated pig-iron from
China.

Yup. And it would be nice if the damn suction cups would stick to the
damn wall instead of releasing just when your head is under it!

John H

I wonder if anyone would pay $89 for a shower caddy made correctly?

John H March 4th 04 12:52 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 05:51:06 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

Speaking of quality: You know what this country needs, John? A shower

caddy
made out of solid stainless steel, not that chrome plated pig-iron from
China.

Yup. And it would be nice if the damn suction cups would stick to the
damn wall instead of releasing just when your head is under it!

John H

I wonder if anyone would pay $89 for a shower caddy made correctly?

I've done a lot of research on this subject. The results can be found
he http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...131323237.html

Note that this *is* a hot topic!

basskisser March 4th 04 01:00 PM

Charles wrote in message

basskisser wrote:

Absolutely. Good science can not be biased. If it WERE flawed, it
would be easily reputed.

Reputed?

Good God Almighty.

-- Charlie

Never made a typo, there, Charlie?

It could certainly be a typo if the "p" and the "f" keys were next to or
close to each other. The problem is, they are not.

It was not a typo. Just as your spelling of the word "intelligence" (you
spelled it "intelligents") was not.

Exactly.

-- Charlie

Charlie, would you care for me to google up some of YOUR gems?
Exactly.

John H March 4th 04 01:27 PM

On 4 Mar 2004 05:00:41 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

Charles wrote in message

basskisser wrote:

Absolutely. Good science can not be biased. If it WERE flawed, it
would be easily reputed.

Reputed?

Good God Almighty.

-- Charlie

Never made a typo, there, Charlie?

It could certainly be a typo if the "p" and the "f" keys were next to or
close to each other. The problem is, they are not.

It was not a typo. Just as your spelling of the word "intelligence" (you
spelled it "intelligents") was not.

Exactly.

-- Charlie

Charlie, would you care for me to google up some of YOUR gems?
Exactly.

You've got a lot of 'googling' to do, b'asskisser. Just remember, I'm
first!

Jim-- March 4th 04 02:00 PM

Charles wrote in message
basskisser wrote:

[...]

And I am third. I believe that Henry was second.

John H March 4th 04 02:04 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:00:24 -0500, "Jim--" wrote:

.. .

Charles wrote in message
basskisser wrote:

[...]

Well I damn sure don't want to lose my place, so don't be hogging all
b'asskisser's time!

Doug Kanter March 4th 04 02:49 PM

"John H" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 05:51:06 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

Speaking of quality: You know what this country needs, John? A shower

caddy
made out of solid stainless steel, not that chrome plated pig-iron

from
China.

Yup. And it would be nice if the damn suction cups would stick to the
damn wall instead of releasing just when your head is under it!

Slice a piece of clear plastic tubing and slip it over the pipe. Around
that, place a fat nylon wire tie. Put the loop of the shower caddy between
this arrangement and the wall.

John H

I wonder if anyone would pay $89 for a shower caddy made correctly?

I've done a lot of research on this subject. The results can be found
he http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...131323237.html

Note that this *is* a hot topic!

And, since a non-rusting model would be useful in a boat, this is not OT for
this newsgroup. :-)

Charles March 4th 04 03:07 PM

basskisser wrote:

Charlie, would you care for me to google up some of YOUR gems?
Exactly.

Are you sure you didn't mean YOU'RE?

Goggle away there guy. Just remember, krause does not approve of
googling up past posts.

-- Charlie

John H March 4th 04 03:10 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 14:49:22 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 05:51:06 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Hell no. A good shower caddy would make a great way to store lures!

The wire-tie idea is a good one. I'll have to give that some thought.

Doug Kanter March 4th 04 03:18 PM

"John H" wrote in message

The wire-tie idea is a good one. I'll have to give that some thought.

Some thought? Whattya need to think about? Are you going to submit the idea
to a committee at church? The method is perfect. I never lie and I'm always
right.

John H March 4th 04 03:41 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:18:19 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

The wire-tie idea is a good one. I'll have to give that some thought.

Some thought? Whattya need to think about? Are you going to submit the idea
to a committee at church? The method is perfect. I never lie and I'm always
right.

How big? What color? Whether to wind clockwise or counterclockwise?
Whether it's worth wasting a good wire tie when I could spend $89 on a
better shower caddy? If my wife will let me hang lures all over the
boat?

Give me a break. I've not got the shower-caddy acumen of a Harry
Krause here.

Doug Kanter March 4th 04 03:49 PM

"John H" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:18:19 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

The wire-tie idea is a good one. I'll have to give that some thought.

Some thought? Whattya need to think about? Are you going to submit the

idea
to a committee at church? The method is perfect. I never lie and I'm

always
right.

How big? What color? Whether to wind clockwise or counterclockwise?
Whether it's worth wasting a good wire tie when I could spend $89 on a
better shower caddy? If my wife will let me hang lures all over the
boat?

Give me a break. I've not got the shower-caddy acumen of a Harry
Krause here.

White wire ties and clear tubing, so you can easily see if mildew is growing
on them. :-) I found this thick-walled (1/8") tubing at a local hardware
store - no idea what it's used for. It should cut in a piece between .465"
and .483" long. Much longer than that and you're courting disaster.

John H March 4th 04 04:33 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:49:11 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:18:19 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I've called the local hardware stores. Only Wal-Mart sells this stuff
by the thousandth of an inch, and if I shopped there no one would ever
talk to me again.

Doug Kanter March 4th 04 04:40 PM

"John H" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:49:11 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:18:19 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

You buy a foot and cut it yourself, professor. :-)

basskisser March 11th 04 08:28 PM

And the Bush lies just keep on coming

" Tuuk" wrote in message ...
LOL

Asskisser,, you are the limit,,,

Why should I have to argue with you when you put your foot in your mouth on
your own. You did this on purpose. Nobody can be this stupid. Are you having
fun here now? You trying to make a joke?
LoL,, come on there asskisser,,, give the head a shake....

What a stupid putz you are, Tuuk. THAT, for your information, was
written by someone else. I simply cut and pasted it. Yes, I am having
fun, it's quite fun to needle someone as narrow minded as you. Give
your ass a shake, Tuuk.