BoatBanter.com

-   -   WE're all gonna DIE!!! (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/3302-were-all-gonna-die.html)

Jim February 23rd 04 03:45 PM

WE're all gonna DIE!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/...153548,00.html

Key findings of the Pentagon

Sunday February 22, 2004
The Observer

· Future wars will be fought over the issue of survival rather than
religion, ideology or national honour.

Don White February 23rd 04 05:48 PM

WE're all gonna DIE!!!

Scary...
Can't understand why the world's population is still growing at the current
rate.
Recipe for disaster.

Greg February 23rd 04 05:58 PM

WE're all gonna DIE!!!

Can't understand why the world's population is still growing at the current
rate.
Recipe for disaster.

It's the only way you can fund Ponzi programs like Social Security. Of course
it is doomed to fail since exponential growth of population is unsustainable
but we just want it to last until WE die.

bb February 23rd 04 06:13 PM

WE're all gonna DIE!!!

On 23 Feb 2004 17:58:03 GMT, (Greg) wrote:

It's the only way you can fund Ponzi programs like Social Security. Of course
it is doomed to fail since exponential growth of population is unsustainable
but we just want it to last until WE die.

This reality is one reason I don't mind being my age, and don't get
too upset with the antic of the younger generation. It should last my
lifetime, but not much longer.

bb

Steven Shelikoff February 23rd 04 06:15 PM

WE're all gonna DIE!!!

That's kind of stating the obvious, isn't it?

Steve

bb February 23rd 04 09:01 PM

WE're all gonna DIE!!!

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:07:22 GMT, (Karl
Denninger) wrote:

Especially the Democrats.

It doesn't seem like it's the democrats that get all worked up over
birth control and population control.

How can you blame it all on the Democrats, not that I'm surprised at
you placing blame.

bb

Lloyd Sumpter February 23rd 04 09:08 PM

WE're all gonna DIE!!!

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:45:54 +0000, Jim wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/...153548,00.html

Key findings of the Pentagon

"Between 2010 and 2020 Europe is hardest hit by climatic change with an
average annual temperature drop of 6F. Climate in Britain becomes colder
and drier as weather patterns begin to resemble Siberia. "

"By 2010 the US and Europe will experience a third more days with peak
temperatures above 90F. Climate becomes an 'economic nuisance' as storms,
droughts and hot spells create havoc for farmers."

So...colder or hotter? MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!

Lloyd

Bert Robbins February 24th 04 12:31 AM

WE're all gonna DIE!!!

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:45:54 +0000, Jim wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/...153548,00.html

Key findings of the Pentagon

"Between 2010 and 2020 Europe is hardest hit by climatic change with an
average annual temperature drop of 6F. Climate in Britain becomes colder
and drier as weather patterns begin to resemble Siberia. "

"By 2010 the US and Europe will experience a third more days with peak
temperatures above 90F. Climate becomes an 'economic nuisance' as storms,
droughts and hot spells create havoc for farmers."

So...colder or hotter? MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!

Back in the '70s we were rapidly moving into the next ice age.

Bert

Wayne.B February 24th 04 01:36 AM

WE're all gonna DIE!!!

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:08:47 -0800, "Lloyd Sumpter"
wrote:

So...colder or hotter? MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!

It turns out that it's first one (hotter), then the other (colder).

The mechanics of the hotter/colder scenario relate to an interruption
of the Gulf Stream current brought on by warmer weather. Once the
Gulf Stream circulation stops or slows, northern Europe turns into a
deep freeze.

basskisser February 24th 04 05:53 PM

WE're all gonna DIE!!!

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message .. .
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:45:54 +0000, Jim wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/...153548,00.html

Key findings of the Pentagon

"Between 2010 and 2020 Europe is hardest hit by climatic change with an
average annual temperature drop of 6F. Climate in Britain becomes colder
and drier as weather patterns begin to resemble Siberia. "

"By 2010 the US and Europe will experience a third more days with peak
temperatures above 90F. Climate becomes an 'economic nuisance' as storms,
droughts and hot spells create havoc for farmers."

So...colder or hotter? MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!

Lloyd

You'd need to understand the big weather picture to understand that it
is, indeed, both.