BoatBanter.com

-   -   Garmin 276C Question (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/32486-garmin-276c-question.html)

Larry D Gibbs April 6th 05 04:00 AM

Garmin 276C Question

I bought a boat which I will be using in the Puget Sound Area and would like
some feedback on the Garmin 276C. I actually own a Street Pilot III which I
assume doesn't have the Marine functions that the 276C does. I want to keep
in the price range of the 276C or below so if there is something else out
there that I could use I am open to suggestions.

[email protected] April 6th 05 05:53 AM

I believe magellan has a similar unit ... either way where you get
milkd is with the maps. Make sure you read the LICENCE POLICY BEFORE
purchasing the unit.

Garmin, i.e. will let you use the bluechart maps on TWO gps only. If
you have two GPS and sell one to get a new one you will not be able to
install the maps on the new GPS...

276C has a one of the best displayes. Compare units in your hands
before purchasing

Matt