A few years ago, I pulled out the standard, undercounter Norcold in my
boat and replaced it with a unit that provides substantially more
interior volume within the same space. The new fridge is completely
silent, in the cabin areas, when running.

The gut of the fridge are down in the engine room. That allows the
refirgeration compartment to be deeper and taller in this unit than on
a Norcold....(Norcold puts gear both below and behind the box itself,
reducing the cubic footage available).

Downwside? The thing works too well. It took a while to actually
believe that one didn't need to turn the dial up to even half in order
to maintain proper temperature. The system could probably be used as a
freezer if turned up far enough- as it ices up pretty quickly and
things near the freezer compartment start developing an icy crust.

MIne is DC only. Why pay extra for AC/DC when the AC has to be
converted to DC to run one of these refrigerators anyway? When AC is
available to run the fridge, it's also available to replenish the
batteries.

My unit was built by Sea Freeze in Bellingham, WA.

HaKrause

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 18:12:24 -0400, DSK wrote:

Most Trouble free refrigeration?

I am assembling a refrigeration system and am interested in what other
folks have & have not found troublesome.

Thanks in advance.

Doug King

I have one of those stainless Philcos with digital control and a built
in LCD television. It works very well, but is very expensive.