Don White

Default Nor' Eastr on way

Expect up to 25 cm of snow tonight and another 25 tomorrow with winds up to
100 km.
Potential for a 'weather bomb'. Spring sure seems far away!

John Gaquin

Where are you?

"Don White" wrote in message news:4pWYb.100024

Expect up to 25 cm of snow tonight and another 25 tomorrow with winds up

100 km. Potential for a 'weather bomb'. Spring sure seems far away!

Calif Bill

"Don White" wrote in message
Expect up to 25 cm of snow tonight and another 25 tomorrow with winds up

100 km.
Potential for a 'weather bomb'. Spring sure seems far away!

Here on the West coast, opposite problem. We have the Pineapple Express
hitting us. Was winds to 60+ yesterday and lots of rain, 5" North of San
Francisco and was 67 degrees in San Jose. At least it is cooling off today
and supposed to be cold rains tomorrow. Real danger in the Pineapple
Express (tropical storm out of the Hawaii area as opposed to out Bering Sea
generated normal winter storm, is the warm weather. Melts the snow in the
Sierras. In 1953 and in 1964 we had major flooding in the interior valleys.
I think it melted about 20' of snow pack in 2 days.
Bill

Don White

Beautiful downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia
see http://novascotia.cbc.ca/

John Gaquin wrote in message
Where are you?

"Don White" wrote in message

Expect up to 25 cm of snow tonight and another 25 tomorrow with winds

up
100 km. Potential for a 'weather bomb'. Spring sure seems far away!

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:01:39 -0500, "Gene Kearns"
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 03:51:28 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

Expect up to 25 cm of snow tonight and another 25 tomorrow with winds up to
100 km.
Potential for a 'weather bomb'. Spring sure seems far away!

Come to North Carolina... where we say, "If you don't like the
weather, just wait 5 minutes and it will change."

Monday it was freezing cold, windy, and we got 8 inches of snow.
Today's high is 62 degrees.... and the beach forecast for this weekend
is sunny and 70 degrees....

I hear the stripers are running wild off of the Outer Banks....

Do you blame them? ;)

I have a friend who was coming back from Florida, put in somewhere in
NC and did some striper fishing prior to the last storm that went
through there - he said it was unbelievable - 4 fish in a half hour
all over 34 inches - heavy too as I understand it.

Should be a good striper year up here then.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------

"Fisherman are born honest, but they get
over it." - Ed Zern

Don White

Man, am I sore & tired! We've broken a 24 hour record by receiving over 70
cm .
I've been shoveling snow all afternoon and didn't even try to clear the
driveway. (snowplow keeps coming around)
I curse myself for not digging out my snowshoes. It's tiring walking through
snow up around your waist.
I was getting concerned about the weight of snow on my new additions roof,
so I had to use the 'roof rake' to
pull most of it down, helping to avoid ice dams if the temperature gets
above freezing.
Did I tell the newsgroup that I've been invited to the British Virgin
Islands to sail on a 'Dynamic 62'?
Seems an old friend is looking after a couple while they're up for sale.
Wonder if the wife would mind looking after the shoveling if I can get away?

on White wrote in message
Expect up to 25 cm of snow tonight and another 25 tomorrow with winds up

100 km.
Potential for a 'weather bomb'. Spring sure seems far away!

Lloyd Sumpter

Wow - I feel for ya, fellow Canadian!

Unfortunately, it's +10 and partly cloudy here. It's been raining quite a
bit, but the forecast for this weekend is more "partly cloudy" - looks
like I MAY get Far Cove and her new engine out on Sunday (YAY!)

My Lady planted bulbs last weekend - she's afraid she was too late, since
they were already sprouting. No sign of crocuses yet, but they should be
out any day now...

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

on White wrote in message
Expect up to 25 cm of snow tonight and another 25 tomorrow with winds up

100 km.
Potential for a 'weather bomb'. Spring sure seems far away!

NOYB

"Don White" wrote in message
Man, am I sore & tired! We've broken a 24 hour record by receiving over 70
cm .
I've been shoveling snow all afternoon and didn't even try to clear the
driveway.

Just saw a patient today from Mississauga, Ontario. Seemed like a nice
enough guy...unlike the grumpy Canadians on rec.boats. It must be that ones
demeanor changes once they leave that God-forsaken tundra you call a
country, and come to sunny Florida. ;-)

LaBomba182

Subject: Nor' Eastr on way
From: "Don White"

Expect up to 25 cm of snow tonight and another 25 tomorrow with winds up to
100 km.
Potential for a 'weather bomb'. Spring sure seems far away!

Just brought a boat back around from the Miami show.

Shorts and T-shirt most of the way.

Spring! We don't need no stinkin spring!
:-)

Capt. Bill