Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Eric H

Default Freshwater Bassboat in Sal****er

I have a 2001 Nitro bassboat with a Merc. 115 four stroke outboard that
has only been operated on Illinois freshwater lakes. We are thinking about
moving to the west coast of Florida, near Homosassa. I have noticed several
Merc outboards in that area are badged as "Sal****er". Is there a major
difference between my motor and the "sal****er" version? I assume the
significant difference is in the corrosion resistance of the cooling water
circulation system. Can I use my current rig in a sal****er environment
without major damage? Should I sell it in Illinois and by a sal****er
boat/motor in Florida?
I know this is a lot to just toss out there and simply ask for "HELP" but
I also know this NG has a lot of participants that understand situations
w/o a lot of detailed introduction. Thanks for any advice .

--
Robert Hutton