Clams Canino

Default gO pATS

OK......... let's back the question up a little.

Why are professional sports results "news"?

If we think of them as busnesses, (entertainment to be precise) then every
local and national news channel in the country is giving them free
advitising - each and every day.

-W

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"jchaplain" wrote in message

That was a rhetorical question, I don't think so, but if it were the
case then I'd have to say I'm living in the land of the brain-dead.

Maybe some morning we'll all wake up and be as sophisticated as you and
Harry.

If there's a God.......

Harry Krause

Clams Canino wrote:

OK......... let's back the question up a little.

Why are professional sports results "news"?

If we think of them as busnesses, (entertainment to be precise) then every
local and national news channel in the country is giving them free
advitising - each and every day.

-W

And even worse, subsidizing their stadiums. An outrage, unless the team
is owned by a municipality.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Calif Bill

"jchaplain" wrote in message

There are people who feel the same way about your sports.

My sports, boating and scuba diving are personal enjoyment sports.
Getting stupid, drunk, and going ape**** becasue other people are
playing with balls is something I just don't understand. I guess thats
the type of thing you enjoy doing, I just don't see the sport in it if
you're not even playing the game, just watching other people you don't
even know play..
....geeze the more I think about it the more stupid profesional sports
sounds.

John C.

And you preach tolerance?

Calif Bill

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:

"jchaplain" wrote in message

Nope. Didn't watch. Haven't watched a Stooper Bowl game since the

first
one, which I got to see in person. KC played, and I got to go as part

of
the KC Star contingent.

I find most "professional" sports boring and overcommercialized.
Football is among the worst, although I used to think it more
interesting than, say, NASCAR oval track racing.

Sorry.

Same here, I live about 10 minutes outside Boston and I didn't watch
it, don't give a ****, and I really wish they didn't win. It just
means more idiotic behavior from the sportsfan mentality out there. A
21 year older killed when run over by an SUV and people vandalizing
cars...great fun. Morons getting all riled up because someone played
with footballs..big freaking whoop. Who cares.
John C.

There are people who feel the same way about your sports.

Well, good for them. Or are such feelings now forbidding by the fascist
Attorney General of the United STates?

--
Email sent to is never read.

And you preach tolerance?

Calif Bill

"jchaplain" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:44:13 -0500, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

Agreed. Was a good game though.

My son will be one of the million-plus in Boston tomorrow. God help us.

:-)

Great, traffic jams so these idiots can stand around yelling and
cheering like a bunch of morons because a group of overpaid grunts
played with footballs.
Millions upon millions of dollars spent on it while kids go to bed
cold and hungry in this country...
What the f#$k? am I the only one who sees the stupidity of this whole
waste of time and resource activity?

John C.

Yes, outlaw sports. Take another couple of Billion dollars out of the
economy. That will help the children! It's for the children!

jchaplain

Yes, outlaw sports. Take another couple of Billion dollars out of the
economy. That will help the children! It's for the children!

Who said outlaw sports? Have you been taking your prozak lately?
jchaplain

And you preach tolerance?

Do I?
Harry Krause

wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

Agreed. Was a good game though.

My son will be one of the million-plus in Boston tomorrow. God help us.

:-)

Great, traffic jams so these idiots can stand around yelling and
cheering like a bunch of morons because a group of overpaid grunts
played with footballs.
Millions upon millions of dollars spent on it while kids go to bed
cold and hungry in this country...
What the f#$k? am I the only one who sees the stupidity of this whole
waste of time and resource activity?

John C.

Yes, outlaw sports. Take another couple of Billion dollars out of the
economy. That will help the children! It's for the children!

If the money spent on professional football were instead turned over to
the public libraries in those pro team cities, the children in those
areas would surely benefit.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Harry Krause

Calif Bill wrote:

"jchaplain" wrote in message

[...]

Get yourself a dictionary, fella. No one is preaching that men of
stunted development who live vicariously through watching football
should be denied their emotional outlet.

--
Email sent to
is never read.
basskisser

"jchaplain" wrote in message

That was a rhetorical question, I don't think so, but if it were the
case then I'd have to say I'm living in the land of the brain-dead.

Maybe some morning we'll all wake up and be as sophisticated as you and
Harry.

If there's a God.......

Some may.....YOU won't.