BoatBanter.com

-   -   Diesel Engine Sounds (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/2986-diesel-engine-sounds.html)

Lloyd Sumpter January 29th 04 03:22 AM

Diesel Engine Sounds

Hi,

Just talking to my Lady about a trip up the Fraser (lower, no rapids!). I
want a "Mark Twain-esc" boat - with a center-mounted inboard diesel going
pooketa-pooketa-pooketa... I have the Tin Boat, but it has a 2-stroke Johnson
that goes "WAAAAAAAA!!!!". My always-practical Lady says "why not take the Tin
Boat up, and have a CD that goes "pooketa-pooketa-pooketa..."

Great Idea! In fact, I've LOVE to have sound-bites from various diesel
engines - from the "Pook...pook...pook" of a 1-cyl Sabb to the hum of a
Cummings. Anybody know a place online that has this kinda thing?

Lloyd Sumpter
"The Tin Boat" Mirrocraft 12

Del Cecchi January 29th 04 03:08 PM

Diesel Engine Sounds

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
Hi,

Just talking to my Lady about a trip up the Fraser (lower, no rapids!).

want a "Mark Twain-esc" boat - with a center-mounted inboard diesel going
pooketa-pooketa-pooketa... I have the Tin Boat, but it has a 2-stroke

Johnson
that goes "WAAAAAAAA!!!!". My always-practical Lady says "why not take the

Tin
Boat up, and have a CD that goes "pooketa-pooketa-pooketa..."

Great Idea! In fact, I've LOVE to have sound-bites from various diesel
engines - from the "Pook...pook...pook" of a 1-cyl Sabb to the hum of a
Cummings. Anybody know a place online that has this kinda thing?

Lloyd Sumpter
"The Tin Boat" Mirrocraft 12

google is your friend. sound effects diesel get
http://www.audiolicense.net/sfx/subc...aincat_id=1288
among others. How about a nice fantasy 42 foot grand banks?

del cecchi

basskisser January 29th 04 03:56 PM

Diesel Engine Sounds

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message ...
Hi,

Just talking to my Lady about a trip up the Fraser (lower, no rapids!). I
want a "Mark Twain-esc" boat - with a center-mounted inboard diesel going
pooketa-pooketa-pooketa... I have the Tin Boat, but it has a 2-stroke Johnson
that goes "WAAAAAAAA!!!!". My always-practical Lady says "why not take the Tin
Boat up, and have a CD that goes "pooketa-pooketa-pooketa..."

Great Idea! In fact, I've LOVE to have sound-bites from various diesel
engines - from the "Pook...pook...pook" of a 1-cyl Sabb to the hum of a
Cummings. Anybody know a place online that has this kinda thing?

Lloyd Sumpter
"The Tin Boat" Mirrocraft 12

Might just have to make your own! Consider soundbites recorded from movies?

Lloyd Sumpter January 29th 04 06:20 PM

Diesel Engine Sounds

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:08:09 +0000, Del Cecchi wrote:

[...]

Thanks! What search criteria did you use? I tried "diesel engine sounds"
and I got only links to trains. There WAS a fascinating 20-minute clip of
the dispatcher talking to a runaway train with no brakes. Definitely worth
a listen: http://www.sdrm.org/sounds/

(I assume "Moncton" is Moncton, NB)

Lloyd

Del Cecchi January 29th 04 07:03 PM

Diesel Engine Sounds

[...]

I used the words: sound effects diesel
in my handy google toolbar. Did you look at the link that I copied? It has
clips they charge for (in pounds no less). but I know there are sites where
one can download some clips for free.

del

Rick January 30th 04 01:32 AM

Diesel Engine Sounds