BoatBanter.com

-   -   When things go terribly wrong (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/298-when-things-go-terribly-wrong.html)

Andrew Krapcha July 23rd 03 02:02 AM

When things go terribly wrong

By Nancy Gay
News 13 on Your Side
Saturday, July 19, 2003

According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission a small boat was
traveling across St. Andrews Bay when it hit a wave and capsized Saturday
evening. All five people were thrown into the water. Then the boat ran over
two of the passengers. They were rushed to Bay Medical in serious condition.
=========

The story above was taken off the local TV news site here in Panama City,
Fla. The news paper expanded on the event by adding that the driver was not
wearing the safety lanyard when the boat hit a wake. The two that went to
the hospital were both propped and underwent several hours of surgery.
According to the newspaper this occurred just outside the city marina which
is a no wake zone. FWC is investigating and I have not seen anything else
printed or on the local news.

This is just another example of how fast things go bad on the water. The
paper stated that it took the combined effort of three boats to stop the
runaway.

Andy K.

Grumman-581 July 23rd 03 06:30 AM

When things go terribly wrong

Wouldn't have happened with a jet ski... First of all, they wouldn't have
been chopped up... Second, I don't think the jet ski could maintain a
straight course for very long without someone actively controlling it...