BoatBanter.com

-   -   Anybody know about buying Mercury Marine School engines? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/27645-re-anybody-know-about-buying-mercury-marine-school-engines.html)

none January 31st 05 11:08 AM

Anybody know about buying Mercury Marine School engines?

Don't do it. These engines could be very well shop worn.

"tom clark" wrote in message
om...
I am exploring buying a Mercruiser I/O from a Mercury Marine
technician training school at a price about 3k lower than new.
I am hearing conflicting reports about what the technicians do to the
engines...everything from tearing them down to just testing the
electrical systems. If it is major work I will go new.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks