RGrew176

Default O.T. Some Good Points

This guy probably never existed but you got to love the points made:
I love this. He's my kind of guy.

General Hawley's Politically INCORRECT Message...

This Air Force General should have been a Marine. What a magnificent and
insightful view of what this war on terrorism is actually about. Please
read and pass on as you see fit.

General Hawley, is a newly retired USAF 4 star general. He commanded
the Air Combat Command [our front-line fighters and bombers] at Langley
AFB, VA. He is now retired and no longer required to be politically
correct. A true patriot!

"Since the attack [9-11], I have seen, heard, and read thoughts of such
surpassing stupidity that they must be addressed. You've heard them too.
Here they a

1) "We're not good, they're not evil, everything is relative."

Listen carefully: We're good, they're evil, nothing is relative. Say it
with me now and free yourselves. You see, folks, saying "We're good"
doesn't mean, "We're perfect." Okay? The only perfect being is the
bearded guy on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. The plain fact is that
our country has, with all our mistakes and blunders, always been and
always will be the greatest beacon of freedom, charity, opportunity, and
affection in history. If you need proof, open all the borders on Earth
and see what happens.

2) "Violence only leads to more violence."

This one is so stupid you usually have to be the president of an Ivy
League university to say it. Here's the truth, which you know in your
heads and hearts already: Ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more
violence. Limp, panicky, half measures lead to more violence. However,
complete, fully thought through, professional, well executed violence
never leads to more violence because, you see, afterwards, the other
guys are all dead. That's right, dead. Not "on trial," not "reeducated,"
not "nurtured back into the bosom of love." Dead.

3) "The CIA and the rest of our intelligence community have failed us."

For 25 years we have chained our spies like dogs to a stake in the
ground, and now that the house has been robbed, we yell at them for not
protecting us. Starting in the late seventies, under Carter appointee
Stansfield Turner, the giant brains who get these giant ideas decided
that the best way to gather international intelligence was to use spy
satellites. "After all, (they reasoned,) you can see a license plate
from 200 miles away." This is very helpful if you've been attacked by a
license plate. Unfortunately, we were attacked by humans. Finding humans
is not possible with satellites. You have to use other humans. When we
bought all our satellites, we fired all our humans, and here's the
really stupid part. It takes years, decades to infiltrate new humans
into the worst places of the world. You can't just have a guy who looks
like Gary Busey in a Spring Break '93 sweatshirt plop himself down in a
coffee shop in Kabul and say "Hiya, boys". Gee, I sure would like to meet
that bin Laden fella. Well, you can, but all you'd be doing is giving
the bad guys a story they'll be telling for years.

4) "These people are poor and helpless, and that's why they're angry at
us."

Uh-huh, and Jeffrey Dahmer's frozen head collection was just a desperate
cry for help. The terrorists and their backers are richer than Elton
John and, ironically, a good deal less annoying. The poor helpless
people, you see, are the villagers they tortured and murdered to stay in
power. Mohammed Atta, one of the evil scumbags who steered those planes
into the killing grounds is the son of a Cairo Surgeon. But you knew
this, too. In the sixties and seventies, all the pinheads marching
against the war were upper-middle-class college kids who grabbed any
cause they could think of to get out of their final papers and spend
more time drinking. It's the same today.

5) "Any profiling is racial profiling."

Who's killing us here, the Norwegians? Just days after the attack, the
New York Times had an article saying dozens of extended members of the
gazillionaire bin Laden family living in America were afraid of
reprisals and left in a huff, never to return to studying at Harvard and
using too much Drakkar. I'm crushed. Please come back. Let's all stop
singing "We Are the World" for a minute and think practically. I don't
want to be sitting on the floor in the back of a plane four seconds away
from hitting Mt.Rushmore and turn, grinning, to the guy next to me to
say, "Well, at least we didn't offend them."

SO HERE'S what I resolve for the New Year:

Never to forget our murdered brothers and sisters. Never to let the
relativists get away with their immoral thinking. After all, no matter
what your daughter's political science professor says, we didn't start
this. Have you seen that bumper sticker that says, "No More Hiroshimas"?
I wish I had one that says, "No More Pearl Harbors."

97 days to go..
Gould 0738

In case anybody's interested in what Hawley *really* thinks, rather than the
phony right wing spin being circulated in his name, here are his actual
thoughts on the subjects addressed in the perjured piece probably innocently
posted by RGrew.

General Hawley said of the words now mistakenly attributed to him:

There is a piece zooming around the internet that attributes some pretty
forceful statements to me, Dick Hawley - one time fighter pilot, General,
thoughtful consultant, neophyte strategist, master of the artful compromise.
The words did not flow from my pen, but if the e-mails mean anything, those
words are now indelibly linked to my name. So do me a favor - if you receive
this, please send it on to the same people to whom you forwarded the one that I
did not write. It's not that I don't share many, if not most, of the sentiments
attributed to me, but the piece is just not my style.
Here's what I would have said if I'd been asked to comment on those five
important issues.

1) Goodness, Evil and Relativity: There are some really good people in this
world. They volunteer to help those who need it, and ask nothing in return.
There are also some really bad people in this world. They exploit those who
need help, or who have less wit or "charisma", and motivate them to join in
committing unspeakable acts of cruelty against people they don't even know.
Then there are the rest of us. Average people who try each day to do no harm,
to provide for their families, to do an occasional act of kindness. The evil
that was perpetrated against our land on 9/11 was the product of Mullahs who
see our prosperity and power as a threat to their control over the uneducated
Muslim masses on whose shoulders they ride through life. And so they preach
hate. They are evil.

2) Violence begets violence: It's true. Violence does beget violence. But
sometimes there is no alternative but to confront those who would perpetrate
evil acts against us. This is one of those times. We are blessed to have
courageous men and women willing to put their lives on the line to track down
and annihilate those who have been so imbued with evil as to be beyond
redemption. But violence is not a strategy. It is a necessary and fully
justified reaction to an unimaginable threat. But it is not a strategy. If we
are to win this war, we must defeat the Mullahs. And to defeat the Mullahs, we
must find ways to separate them from their uneducated flocks. We cannot kill
all those who have been taught to hate us, nor should we wish to. Far better to
change their minds than to change their state of being.

3) The intelligence community let us down: Well, maybe just a little. Lots of
senior and not so senior intelligence people became just as enamored of high
tech gadgets as their political masters. The protests over our evisceration of
the human intelligence component of the agency were not very loud or forceful.
Keeping spies on the ground is a high risk and often dirty business, and it
wasn't just liberal politicians who didn't have much stomach for it.

4) Poverty is the breeding ground for terrorists: No, it isn't; but religious
extremism is. The Mullahs fear our wealth and power because it shows that a
secular society with democratic institutions and a free market economy can do a
better job of taking care of its peoples' needs, both spiritual and physical,
than the oppressive Islamic regimes that they aspire to lead. The Mullahs are
the problem, not poverty, but poverty does make it easier for the Mullahs to
spread their evil - as do governments that tolerate and even reinforce their
hateful message.

5) Profiling: We are at war here! We are not talking about traffic stops. If we
were at war with Iceland, I would expect those charged with our defense to pay
very close attention to any Icelander who ventured near our shores. In this war
I expect them to pay very close attention to Muslims with ties to the places
that spew hatred against us. Random checks when there are no such obvious
targets available are a good way to keep the evil ones guessing, but let's not
make small children and grandmothers take their shoes off while we watch far
more likely candidates walk aboard unchecked.

6) Resolutions:

a. Never forget that what happened on September the 11th of 2001 was an act of
war.

b. Never sit silently by while someone tries to justify what happened on that
day as an understandable reaction to U.S. policies in the Middle East or
elsewhere.

c. Fly our nation's flag proudly - it represents this world's greatest hope to
move beyond the pain and suffering that inflict so many across the globe.

Richard E. Hawley
General, USAF, Retired
Former Commander, Air Combat Command