BoatBanter.com

-   -   Mercury Marine Petitions U.S. Government To Investigate Japanese Makers Of Outboard Engines (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/2697-mercury-marine-petitions-u-s-government-investigate-japanese-makers-outboard-engines.html)

bomar January 8th 04 05:38 PM

Mercury Marine Petitions U.S. Government To Investigate Japanese Makers Of Outboard Engines

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040108/cgth056_1.html

--
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato

Short Wave Sportfishing January 8th 04 07:15 PM

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:38:13 GMT, "bomar" wrote:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040108/cgth056_1.html

What a joke.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"My rod and my reel - they comfort me."

St. Pete, 12 Lb. Test

JDavis1277 January 8th 04 11:47 PM

Mercury Marine Petitions U.S. Government To Investigate Japanese Makers Of Outboard Engines

A joke? I don't get it. If the Japs are cheating they should pay the price.
If Merc is cheating they should pay the price.

Usually I'm not too thick to get a joke, but sometimes......

Butch

Short Wave Sportfishing January 9th 04 12:22 AM

On 08 Jan 2004 23:47:09 GMT, (JDavis1277) wrote:

A joke? I don't get it. If the Japs are cheating they should pay the price.
If Merc is cheating they should pay the price.

Usually I'm not too thick to get a joke, but sometimes......

It's a joke because the Japanese engines cost more than either Merc,
Johnson or Evinrude.

It's even funnier when you consider that Merc has been using Yamaha
technology for freakin' years.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT