BoatBanter.com

-   -   Steadily eroding "vegan" claims (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/26345-re-steadily-eroding-%22vegan%22-claims.html)

Gould 0738 December 18th 04 09:07 PM

Steadily eroding "vegan" claims

Whatever. I just picked up a 12 pound prime rib to cook for xmas dinner.

Dan

My favorite red meat these days is buffalo.
It's still pretty hard to find, but after you begin eating bison, you'll throw
rocks at beef. 3 x the protein of beef, 1/10 the fat, and deeeee-licious. :-)

Dan Krueger December 18th 04 11:20 PM

Dutch wrote:
"name" wrote in message

"Marshall Banana" wrote

"vegan" claims, the problems with the claims, and the
path of "vegan" retreat:

Whatever. I just picked up a 12 pound prime rib to cook for xmas dinner.

Yeah, and I just caught a 30 pound turkey, wringed its neck, skinned it,
and
stuffed it in the freezer.

A 30lb turkey would kick your ass.

BllFs6 December 19th 04 02:19 AM

BEEF. It's what's for dinner.

Pork. Your heart can take it :)

Blll

Garth Almgren December 19th 04 06:05 AM

Around 12/18/2004 1:07 PM, Gould 0738 wrote:

Whatever. I just picked up a 12 pound prime rib to cook for xmas dinner.

Dan

My favorite red meat these days is buffalo.
It's still pretty hard to find, but after you begin eating bison, you'll throw
rocks at beef. 3 x the protein of beef, 1/10 the fat, and deeeee-licious. :-)

If you're a fan of buffalo, I'm sure you know all about this place:

http://www.exoticmeats.com/
Their retail store is at 17532 Aurora Ave N. :)

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing

Gould 0738 December 19th 04 07:55 AM

If you're a fan of buffalo, I'm sure you know all about this place:

http://www.exoticmeats.com/
Their retail store is at 17532 Aurora Ave N. :)

I find myself down in Tacoma probably twice a month. If it's anywhere nearly
lunch time, I'll head over to:

http://www.naturalchoice.net/review/tatanka.htm

for buffalo roast with red spuds. These people specialize in buffalo, rather
than a general range of exotic meats. They are happy to sell frozen roasts and
steaks for home cooking. I frequently splurge. A not-so-big roast runs about
$20- but the meat is very filling and a little goes a long way. You're not
paying for much fat, either- those big monsters are pretty lean.

I have heard that the place out on Aurora is
very good as well. That's only about 20 minutes away, vs. a good solid hour to
get down to Tacoma. Maybe I'll check it out soon. Thanks.

Dave Hall December 20th 04 03:14 PM

On 18 Dec 2004 21:07:16 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

Whatever. I just picked up a 12 pound prime rib to cook for xmas dinner.

Dan

My favorite red meat these days is buffalo.
It's still pretty hard to find, but after you begin eating bison, you'll throw
rocks at beef. 3 x the protein of beef, 1/10 the fat, and deeeee-licious. :-)

I wish it was more available in my area. It sounds like a great
alternative to beef. Now if I can only get the wife to cast off the
stigma of the "game" aspect of it. Like venison, she refuses to eat
anything that isn't "traditional" beef, chicken or pork.

Dave