BoatBanter.com

-   -   Trailer Lights to 2000 Dodge Dakota (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/25196-trailer-lights-2000-dodge-dakota.html)

Win November 15th 04 09:01 PM

Trailer Lights to 2000 Dodge Dakota

Can anyone provide me with the color code breakdown for the tail
lights on a 2000 Dodge Dakota?

I am attempting to put a connector and harness on the truck for my
boat trailer. I note four wires going to each tail light, but none are
green and yellow.

Thank you.

Winston

CCred68046 November 15th 04 09:38 PM

Can anyone provide me with the color code breakdown for the tail
lights on a 2000 Dodge Dakota?

Do yourself a huge favor and buy a spliceless plug in adaptor. You can get one
at Wal-Mart.

Win November 15th 04 10:17 PM

On 15 Nov 2004 21:38:21 GMT, obull (CCred68046)
wrote:

Can anyone provide me with the color code breakdown for the tail
lights on a 2000 Dodge Dakota?

Do yourself a huge favor and buy a spliceless plug in adaptor. You can get one
at Wal-Mart.

I didn't know they made them. I will do that. Thank you.

Win

Calif Bill November 16th 04 03:20 AM

wrote:

Can anyone provide me with the color code breakdown for the tail
lights on a 2000 Dodge Dakota?

Do yourself a huge favor and buy a spliceless plug in adaptor. You can

get one
at Wal-Mart.

I didn't know they made them. I will do that. Thank you.

Win

Actually, I would go to Dodge and buy a trailer connector pigtail. They
probably have one, just like Ford and Chevy. The plug goes to a connector
under the car and normally is separate fuses for the trailer lights. It
will be tagged for which wire is which.

Win November 16th 04 02:33 PM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:20:58 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Can anyone provide me with the color code breakdown for the tail
lights on a 2000 Dodge Dakota?

Do yourself a huge favor and buy a spliceless plug in adaptor. You can

get one
at Wal-Mart.

I didn't know they made them. I will do that. Thank you.

Win

Actually, I would go to Dodge and buy a trailer connector pigtail. They
probably have one, just like Ford and Chevy. The plug goes to a connector
under the car and normally is separate fuses for the trailer lights. It
will be tagged for which wire is which.

Thanks,Bill. I will look into that, also.

Win

basskisser November 16th 04 03:22 PM

at a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=wal%20mart" onmouseover="window.status='Wal-Mart'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"Wal-Mart/a.

I didn't know they made them. I will do that. Thank you.

Win

Actually, I would go to Dodge and buy a trailer connector pigtail. They
probably have one, just like Ford and Chevy. The plug goes to a connector
under the car and normally is separate fuses for the a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=trailer%20lights" onmouseover="window.status='trailer lights'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"trailer lights/a. It
will be tagged for which wire is which.

The one I bought at wal-mart is fused. Really simple matter, unplug
taillight assembly connector, plug in adapter, done.