BoatBanter.com

-   -   Trash recepticals for smaller boats (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/24488-trash-recepticals-smaller-boats.html)

TC October 27th 04 09:20 PM

Trash recepticals for smaller boats

Any neat ideas for trash bins on a small boat? I trash bag would just
blow out. I thought about tying it to the rail but fear the trash will
blow out while underway.

18' CC.

Greg October 27th 04 09:54 PM

I use an "All" detergent bucket, they also sell cat litter in a similar bucket.
It is about 8" square and 18 deep. The wind doesn't seem to blow the trash out.
The small footprint makes it easy to store. It wedges between my toolbox and
the rail securely.

Short Wave Sportfishing October 27th 04 09:57 PM

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:20:28 GMT, "TC" wrote:

Any neat ideas for trash bins on a small boat? I trash bag would just
blow out. I thought about tying it to the rail but fear the trash will
blow out while underway.

18' CC.

I use a small bathroom trash can with a snap lid. You can get them
almost anywhere. Small, compact and you can store it in the CC.

Later,

Tom

"Beware the one legged man in a butt
kicking contest - he is there for a
reason."

Wun Hung Lo - date unknown

Calif Bill October 28th 04 02:39 AM

"TC" wrote in message
. ..
Any neat ideas for trash bins on a small boat? I trash bag would just
blow out. I thought about tying it to the rail but fear the trash will
blow out while underway.

18' CC.

I use a plastic cloth bag (made from recycled soda bottles) that I got with
some bilge socks as a clean up the environment gimmick. I just put a
plastic grocery bag inside and the Velcro top closes and keeps all neat and
contained.