BoatBanter.com

-   -   Online Outboards? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/2408-online-outboards.html)

Spyda Man December 18th 03 08:31 AM

Online Outboards?

I'm looking for an outboard motor 4 to 6 horsepower new or used at a
reasonable price. Is there an online site that sells what I need that
you can recommend? Thank you for your input.

Clams Canino December 18th 03 03:11 PM

Online Outboards?

Ebay

-W

Greg December 18th 03 05:00 PM

Online Outboards?

I bought my 60 4 stroke from ITG marine and they were OK. It was drop shipped
to my door in the sealed factory crate. I haven't had any problems with the
warranty.

JB December 19th 03 02:54 AM

Online Outboards?

(Spyda Man) wrote in 22466-3FE165FE-41@storefull-
2193.public.lawson.webtv.net:

I'm looking for an outboard motor 4 to 6 horsepower new or used at a
reasonable price. Is there an online site that sells what I need that
you can recommend? Thank you for your input.

how about onlineoutboards.com?

user December 19th 03 03:31 AM

Online Outboards?

Give your local dealer a call. Nissan/Tohatsu motors are very
competitively priced. This online dealer quotes $878 plus $79 shipping
for the Tohatsu 4hp 4 stroke, $957 total . No tax for out of state
orders. The list price on this motor is $1134. My local dealer quoted
$949 plus 7.5% tax for a total of $1020, a $63 difference. For that
extra $63 I made a relationship with a dealer who will take care of me
and my motor after the sale. How about this guy on the web? My dealer
will get repairs done in 48-72 hours if he sold the motor to you. If
you are a stranger, and did not buy it from him, expect it to take 1-2
days longer. This alone is worth $63.

Snafu December 19th 03 03:42 AM

Online Outboards?

How about www.boattraderonline.com?
Specifically: http://www.boattraderonline.com/engpartsearch.html

Greg December 19th 03 05:16 AM

Online Outboards?

My dealer
will get repairs done in 48-72 hours if he sold the motor to you. If
you are a stranger, and did not buy it from him, expect it to take 1-2
days longer. This alone is worth $63.

Do you really think the service department won't honor a warranty in the same
manner if you didn't buy it there? You better never move.
If you are taking the engine to the dealer for the regular maintenance you will
be giving the service department a lot more money than the meager profit the
sales department made when you were shopping price. I paid my dealer over $400
for an oil change, an impeller change and 4 spark plugs.

user December 19th 03 06:15 AM

Online Outboards?

Seems a preferece for existing customers is given. Can you blame them
when someone goes to the web for a $63 discount? An oil change on my
single cylinder engine is $25, so I do it myself. The labor rate is $75
a hour, so unless I'm really screwed up, I'm not going to the dealer. It
is comforting to know he will work on it as a priority.

Greg December 19th 03 06:57 AM

Online Outboards?

This is their published rate, I would be paying the same price if I bought the
motor from them. In fact if they did discriminate against me because of it I
could pursue a complaint through Mercury and the State of Florida.

Bill Kiene December 19th 03 05:19 PM

Online Outboards?

Good thinking.........

--