BoatBanter.com

-   -   Fractured Fairy Tale (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/23543-re-fractured-fairy-tale.html)

NOYB October 4th 04 10:04 PM

Fractured Fairy Tale

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

But what we really want is a place to set up
bases so we can invade Syria and Iran."

The average American isn't smart enough (or at least doesn't pay enough
attention) to see the need for US military bases in the Middle East...and
how those bases tie into our war on terrorism, our protection of Israel,
and our protection of this nation's economic well-being. I didn't figure
you as an "average American"...but I guess I was wrong.

thunder October 4th 04 11:00 PM

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:40:26 +0000, NOYB wrote:

There's a specific plan to break the insurgency. Coordinating border
control operations with Damascus was the first step. Seizing Samarra was
the second. Stopping the influx of fighters and weapons from Iran is
third. And crushing the insurgency in Fallujah is the fourth. So far,
we're half way there.

Ah, yes, Bush's Whack-A-Mole strategy. Just how many times are our
soldiers expected to die for the same objectives? Just how many times are
they expected to capture Fallujah? Gen. Shinseki was right. Several
hundred thousand troops will be needed for this occupation.

Yup. And China would be within its rights to turn its military at us.

At least you are consistent, consistent and wrong.