BoatBanter.com

-   -   Need advice on repower........... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/233-need-advice-repower.html)

JOLOBSTER July 19th 03 07:13 AM

Need advice on repower...........

I've got 2 1972 Volvo Penta AQ170 engines that are mounted on 24" centers to
Volvo 280 drives. I love the twin setup in the 24' Skipjack, but parts and
maintenance are becoming costly as well as down time. I am looking to repower
with twins and need to know if anyone makes a 175-200 h.p, gas or diesel engine
that will bolt up on 24" centers. I know that 4.3 V-6's won't fit. I would
appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!! Jim