BoatBanter.com

-   -   60hp Johnson (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/2275-60hp-johnson.html)

Ron K December 7th 03 02:33 AM

60hp Johnson

Bought a 60 HP 1991 Johnson that need to be overhauled. I am told the only
difference in a 60HP and a 70HP is the cylinder head. Is this a different
head, or is there more compression in the 70? Also I see the pee spout is
in the bottom cylinder and I think I read where there was a modification
with a water pump upgrade, to the top of the motor? Any one have any
information?

Clams Canino December 7th 03 03:19 AM

60hp Johnson

No direct info , but it sounds quite credible that a 60hp with a milled head
would make 70hp. Better run good gas though. Check a parts list to be
sure.

A mod to put the pee-spout up top is also very credible, it eliminates any
air pockets that might form - this is an SOP mod to the Merc tall 6's.

-W

t...