Gould 0738

Default Cheney caught on film, Bush SR. caught on film

William J. Clinton, the forty-second President of the United States
(1993-2001)
09/29/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86
09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66

Thanks for supporting my point.

The debt grew by a lesser amount in *eight* years under Clinton than it has in
*four* years under Bush.

Gould 0738

Now why would you delete the rest of my post?

Because you poked fun at Clinton for presiding over a 40% increse in the debt,
following the intellectually dishonest technique comparing radically different
periods of time.

It made no sense to repeat it.
jim--

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Now why would you delete the rest of my post?

Because you poked fun at Clinton for presiding over a 40% increse in the
debt,
following the intellectually dishonest technique comparing radically
different
periods of time.

John previously posted:

09/29/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86
09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66

"Pretty close to 40%, and no war! With a budget surplus! With huge military
cuts!
With the dot.com bubble causing capitol gains tax collections to go through
the
roof! No federalizing of a huge airport security force! "

What is so strange about the time periods he quoted. He took office in
January 1992 and left January 2000.

It made no sense to repeat it.

For you perhaps.

Gould 0738

He has a habit of doing that lately, especially when he is on the losing end
of a discussion. He did the exact same think to me twice just today.

I don't have to reprint your entire post to call "bull****" on a portion of it.

Gould 0738

What is so strange about the time periods he quoted. He took office in
January 1992 and left January 2000.

I'll type very slowly and see if that helps.

1. I pointed out that the national debt has increased by about 40% since Bush
took office.

2. John H rebutted that it also increased about 40% when Clinton was in office

***
Important difference: The increase under Clinton took place over an eight year
period. The increase under Bush in four.
Not an equivalent comparison.

********
At the rate the Bush debt is increasing, it could easily be *double* what it
was in 2000 if we see "four more years" of unrestrained spending by the party
that is supposed to be fiscally conservative and believes in "small
government".

Gould 0738

Do you assert that the radically different periods of time had no bearing on
the
debt? By radically different I assume you're referring to the events that
occurred, correct?

John, I thought you were a math whiz.

Story Problem:

Bill sold his business to George.

During the last *eight* years that Bill operated the business, he increased the
firm's debt by 40%.

When George bought the business, he assumed Bill's debt- and within *four*
years increased that amount of that debt by an additional 40%.

Was Bill or George borrowing greater amounts of money?

Which manager was increasing the debt at a faster pace?
jim--

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
He has a habit of doing that lately, especially when he is on the losing
end
of a discussion. He did the exact same think to me twice just today.

I don't have to reprint your entire post to call "bull****" on a portion
of it.

Struck a nerve Chuck?

jim--

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
What is so strange about the time periods he quoted. He took office in
January 1992 and left January 2000.

I'll type very slowly and see if that helps.

1. I pointed out that the national debt has increased by about 40% since
Bush
took office.

2. John H rebutted that it also increased about 40% when Clinton was in
office

***
Important difference: The increase under Clinton took place over an eight
year
period. The increase under Bush in four.
Not an equivalent comparison.

So? Bush faced far greater challenges as I previously posted. Or should I
have typed them slower for you so you could understand Chuck?

Gould 0738

Struck a nerve Chuck?

Not at all. But I do understand that some statements look even more absurd
when highlighted as the only item on the page, rather than surrounded by
meaningless pap.

When somebody posts a long batch of nonsense leading to a false conclusion, it
is appropriate to refute the conclusion without having to repeat all the
nonsense.