BoatBanter.com

-   -   Winterizing Costs for Pontoon Boat (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/22347-winterizing-costs-pontoon-boat.html)

El Penguini September 4th 04 02:48 PM

Winterizing Costs for Pontoon Boat

Hello -

I recently moved onto a small inland lake (511 Acres) and am looking to
purchase a pontoon boat for spring usage. I have been advised that
purchases in the Fall are at a steep discount, because owners want to avoid
winterizing fees.

The marina is telling me that winterizing the boat and motor will be about
$1000. Is this right? My local marina told me to pull and store the boat
is about $150 (including shrinkwrap) or I misunderstood his message.

What should winterizing cost, and what can I do myself?

El Penguini - 1/2 Penguin, 1/2 Chicken - All Fowl
"Penguins is practically chickens"

MJT September 4th 04 02:53 PM

Usually the $1000 is for winter storage (charged by the foot) and the $150
for the winterizing materials and labor. Shrink wrapping can run around $10/
ft more. You need to do all three unless you can trailer the boat to your
yard.