BoatBanter.com

-   -   Fine for creating a wake: $27,500 (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/2215-fine-creating-wake-%2427-500-a.html)

JK December 1st 03 04:27 AM

Fine for creating a wake: $27,500

See link below. (FL. msnbc news)
http://www.msnbc.com/local/wbbh/ifyourefinc.asp
JK

Florida Keyz December 1st 03 10:47 AM

Fine for creating a wake: $27,500

Typical government bully tactics!

DSK December 1st 03 04:35 PM

Fine for creating a wake: $27,500

Florida Keyz wrote:

Typical government bully tactics!

I take it you are not serious.

Boaters are responsible for their wake. In the
same way and to the same degree that hunters are
responsible for their bullets.

DSK

basskisser December 1st 03 04:41 PM

(Florida Keyz) wrote in message ...
Typical government bully tactics!

Bully tactics??
Let's see, you don't want higher taxes, right?
But you DO want nice roads to drive your car on, right?
And I assume you want safe bridges, so you don't have to worry when
you come to one, whether or not it will withstand your vehicle going
over it, right?

So, how would you suggest that the infrastructure, aging, and being
destroyed by wakes should be fixed?

Doug Kanter December 1st 03 05:03 PM

Fine for creating a wake: $27,500

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
(Florida Keyz) wrote in message

Typical government bully tactics!

Bully tactics??
Let's see, you don't want higher taxes, right?
But you DO want nice roads to drive your car on, right?
And I assume you want safe bridges, so you don't have to worry when
you come to one, whether or not it will withstand your vehicle going
over it, right?

So, how would you suggest that the infrastructure, aging, and being
destroyed by wakes should be fixed?

Probably with someone else's money. And, he'd probably like a free limo ride
to the town hall each week so he can bitch when the bridge is finally closed
for replacement.

Florida Keyz December 1st 03 06:01 PM

Fine for creating a wake: $27,500

Really? If you failed to slow down , because you did not know, would you think
that $27,000 was NOT out of line?

If so, come on down, I have a nice piece of Florida Keys property for you to
buy.

Sterling

DSK December 1st 03 06:17 PM

Florida Keyz wrote:

Really? If you failed to slow down , because you did not know, would you think
that $27,000 was NOT out of line?

Since I know, and am take responsibility for my actions, I don't think a $27K fine
for excessive wake is out of line.

Would you advocate that any person simply get a gun and shoot it in a random
direction, completely ignorant where the bullet will end up? This seems to be a
close parallel to many peoples attitude about their wakes.

Fair Skies
Doug King

Boots Crofoot December 1st 03 08:53 PM

Fine for creating a wake: $27,500

It has been a rule for ever that a Capt. of a vessel is
responsible for any and all damage caused by his or her
boat. That is law. Bout time you are responsible for your
actions

Paul Schilter December 1st 03 09:40 PM

Fine for creating a wake: $27,500

Boots,
Just wondering what a wake can do that a storm couldn't do a lot better.
If the bridge is in that much jeopardy, perhaps they need to fix the bridge.
Also, how do they show that your boat caused $27,500 worth of damage? A bad
Easterly storm did about $5,000 worth of damage to my property one day, but
that's the breaks when you live on a big lake.
Paul

. ..