BoatBanter.com

-   -   Stainless steel props (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/21931-stainless-steel-props.html)

RGrew176 August 25th 04 01:43 AM

Stainless steel props

In early july I finally put on my stainless steel props. Things I have noticed
since.

1. My max RPM's with the aluminum was 4700 not with the stainless it has jumped
up a notch to 4800.

2. No noticable increase in top speed. I was hoping to gain 1 mph but so far I
still get 44 but will play around with trim and tilt some more before the
season ends and see if I can get 45.

3. Smoother operation, there was a slightly noticable vibration coming from the
drives with the aluminums, not so with the stainless, smooth as silk at all
speeds. That I like.

I am getting some tips from my gofast buddies on how to get more speed but I
think I am going to leave well enough alone for now.

Still boating in Michigan, at least till october 15th. Hard to believe where
this season has gone.