BoatBanter.com

-   -   Magna Grill Problem/Advice (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/21834-magna-grill-problem-advice.html)

Jim Bailey August 22nd 04 11:00 PM

Magna Grill Problem/Advice

While waiting to get our power back here in FL, we stayed on the boat for a
few days and I finally had a chance to try out our new Magna party grill.

Wrapped up some vegtables in foil and threw that and some steaks on the
grill and covered it.

Everything cooked (it definitely generates some heat in there) but I have
thick black soot all over the inside cover - this stuff is so nasty you
can't even hande it without your hands, tools, foil etc getting to be a
mess.

Am I doing something wrong ? How complicated can a grill be ? If I have to
deal with this every time I use it, I'll take it out - not worth it. Anyone
else see this ?

thanks

jim bailey

LaBomba182 August 23rd 04 01:55 AM

Subject: Magna Grill Problem/Advice
From: "Jim Bailey"

Everything cooked (it definitely generates some heat in there) but I have
thick black soot all over the inside cover - this stuff is so nasty you
can't even hande it without your hands, tools, foil etc getting to be a
mess.

Am I doing something wrong ? How complicated can a grill be ? If I have to
deal with this every time I use it, I'll take it out - not worth it. Anyone
else see this ?

Air/gas ratio not correct? Blocked or improper gas jets in the grill?

Capt. Bill

bomar August 23rd 04 11:12 PM

We use the **** out of ours, and never have experienced that problem.
It does generate some heat, that's for sure...I normally only use Low once
it is warmed up.
A lot of soot ( I am making the huge presumption that is propane) would
indicate poor combustion. Tear it apart and check to make certain spiders
haven't made a nest in the orifice and all the burner holes are clear, stuff
like that.
Let me know what you find out, I am curious.....

. ..

bomar August 24th 04 12:09 AM

BTW...you could also call Magma and ask....
Phone
(800) 86-MAGMA (Toll Free U.S. & Canada)

"bomar" wrote in message
We use the **** out of ours, and never have experienced that problem.
It does generate some heat, that's for sure...I normally only use Low once
it is warmed up.
A lot of soot ( I am making the huge presumption that is propane) would
indicate poor combustion. Tear it apart and check to make certain spiders
haven't made a nest in the orifice and all the burner holes are clear,

stuff
like that.
Let me know what you find out, I am curious.....

. ..