Larry Crowe

Default boat carpet cleaning

Suggestions for cleaning carpet in an open bow fish and ski,would be appreciated. And
if I get energetic how difficult is it to replace ? Thanks Larry
Comcast News

Clean with Oxyclean.

It is very easy to remove. Just remove the seats and anything covering the
deck and tear away. You many need to use a razor blade to help cut the
adhesive, but the time I did mine, it came up very easy.

If you remove the carpet, check to see if you have any dry rot or weak areas
on the decking that need to be repaired before installing the new carpet.

"Larry Crowe" wrote in message
Suggestions for cleaning carpet in an open bow fish and ski,would be

appreciated. And
if I get energetic how difficult is it to replace ? Thanks Larry

William G. Andersen

I just hosed the carpet down and then scrubbed it. I wasn't fussy about the
cleaner - it may have been carpet shampoo, because I started the job with
our carpet shampooer and didn't think it was worth the effort. The scrubber
I used was a stiff one on aabout a 4' pole. I think it wasn't intended for
spot cleaning carpets.
Anyway, when I was done, I raised the bow as high as I could, removed the
drain plug, and flooded the carpet with water. A year later and there's
probably still some soap left in it!

"Larry Crowe" wrote in message
Suggestions for cleaning carpet in an open bow fish and ski,would be

appreciated. And
if I get energetic how difficult is it to replace ? Thanks Larry

Insomniac

I've always steam cleaned the carpets in my boats. Usually 1-2 times a year
depending on how dirty they are. Then just put a strong fan on it for about
12-24 hours to dry thoroughly.

"Larry Crowe" wrote in message
Suggestions for cleaning carpet in an open bow fish and ski,would be

appreciated. And
if I get energetic how difficult is it to replace ? Thanks Larry

Paul Dougherty

Hi,
I just use the power washer at a self serv car wash. If there is
grease or a stain I pretreat with goop or other waterless hand cleaner
and a scrub brush. Raise the bow, pull plug and let sit in the sun
until dry.
Works very well.

Paul

(Larry Crowe) wrote in message ...
Suggestions for cleaning carpet in an open bow fish and ski,would be appreciated. And
if I get energetic how difficult is it to replace ? Thanks Larry

Banned

Default Boat Carpet

I had this product in my old boat and it was fantastic. I just purchase a new boat and going to use the product on the floor in my new boat. I have used many marine flooring products over the years and this product is the best and better then any other product I have used in the past. Highly recomment this DECKadence
https://www.marineflooring.net/
https://youtu.be/nC4VBK6H40w