mike

Default lifting a wilderness system ride kayak up over my balcony.

I live in a house and I want to lift my kayak up on my balcony. How
do I do this? I imagine its done with pulleys to lift the kayak and
you have someone stand on the balcony and when the kayak gets there
they hoist it over the rail. How do you arrange the pulleys? thanks
Mike D
BREWERPAUL

How high is the balcony, and how strong are you? If it's one story up, a person
on the ground could stand the kayak up on end and help the second person on the
balcony simply lift it up. Once it came up halfway over the railing, it would
tip onto the balcony.

******************************
Got wood?
Check out my exotic hardwood pennywhistles at fair
prices...http://www.Busmanwhistles.com

Dave Van

"mike" wrote in message
om...
I live in a house and I want to lift my kayak up on my balcony. How
do I do this? I imagine its done with pulleys to lift the kayak and
you have someone stand on the balcony and when the kayak gets there
they hoist it over the rail. How do you arrange the pulleys? thanks
Mike D

http://www.brickgarage.com/pictures/blockandtackle.jpg

Have at it.

Dave Van

"Dave Van" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"mike" wrote in message
om...
I live in a house and I want to lift my kayak up on my balcony. How
do I do this? I imagine its done with pulleys to lift the kayak and
you have someone stand on the balcony and when the kayak gets there
they hoist it over the rail. How do you arrange the pulleys? thanks
Mike D

http://www.brickgarage.com/pictures/blockandtackle.jpg

Have at it.

You could actually do this alone if need be by rigging the slings around the
kayak on the ground and hoisting it up from the balcony.