BoatBanter.com

-   -   Help 1967 Johnson 6.0hp (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/210-help-1967-johnson-6-0hp.html)

ChrisW July 18th 03 02:57 AM

Help 1967 Johnson 6.0hp

I have had a problem lately keeping the engine running. The only way I can keep
the engine running is by keeping the choke pulled out.

Is this a carb. problem or something else? Just it just need a good cleaning or
a rebuild.

Thanks In Advance
ChrisW

ReevesJ32 July 18th 03 04:53 AM

Help 1967 Johnson 6.0hp

The only way I can keep
the engine running is by keeping the choke pulled out.

Chris..... You've described a engine that has a fouled, clogged carburetor. The
cure is to remove, clean, and rebuild it.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)

ChrisW July 18th 03 06:41 PM

Help 1967 Johnson 6.0hp

Joe,

Thank you. That is what I thought and just wanted to make sure. I do have one
more question for you regarding engine year. I can not remember if the engine is
a '67 or '69. I looked for the paper work last night, but can not remember where
I put it. So my question is using the Engine ID numbers how do you tell what
year it is?

Thanks again

ChrisW