BoatBanter.com

-   -   Florida preps for Nov. (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/20819-florida-preps-nov.html)

____m___~¿Ô___m____ July 29th 04 02:34 AM

Florida preps for Nov.

Florida officials: Some voting records wiped out

Wednesday, July 28, 2004 Posted: 7:53 AM EDT (1153 GMT)

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- A computer crash erased detailed records from
Miami-Dade County's first widespread use of touchscreen voting machines,
raising again the specter of election troubles in Florida, where the new
technology was supposed to put an end to such problems.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

(sigh!) Just catching my breath.
--
_______m___õ¿~___m_________________________
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,

John Gaquin July 29th 04 04:02 AM

Florida preps for Nov.

"____m___~¿Ô___m____" wrote in message

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- A computer crash erased detailed records from
Miami-Dade County's first widespread use of touchscreen voting machines,
raising again the specter of election troubles in Florida, where the new
technology was supposed to put an end to such problems.

Yawn. Old news. The loss occurred long after the fact (a 2002 election),
and if you read the account you know that the causative errors point up
problems in the State of FL system management, not in the electronic voting
software.