BoatBanter.com

-   -   Balsa core hulls & Sea Rays (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/203-balsa-core-hulls-sea-rays.html)

Capt Lou July 17th 03 10:39 PM

Balsa core hulls & Sea Rays

How bad are the balsa core Sea Ray hulls? Anyone having resale problems?

"Listen to the live broadcast of 'Nautical Talk Radio' with Captain Lou every
Sunday afternoon from 4 - 5 (Eastern Standard Time) on the web at
www.959watd.com or if you are in Boston or Cape Cod set your radio dial to
95.9FM.

Wayne.B July 19th 03 02:34 AM

Balsa core hulls & Sea Rays

On 17 Jul 2003 21:39:06 GMT, (Capt Lou) wrote:

How bad are the balsa core Sea Ray hulls? Anyone having resale problems?

Can't speak to the Sea Ray issue but I have first hand knowledge of
many, many balsa core issues with sailboats. There are no balsa
core sailboats that I know of over 10 to 15 years old that have not
required MAJOR core repairs. The expense is frequently enough to
create a negative value boat.