BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT The answer to Iraq (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1894-ot-answer-iraq.html)

Jim November 6th 03 01:39 PM

OT The answer to Iraq

http://www.salon.com/opinion/scheer/...end/print.html

Doug Kanter November 6th 03 03:24 PM

OT The answer to Iraq

"Jim" wrote in message
http://www.salon.com/opinion/scheer/...end/print.html

For the past couple of weeks, I've been reading a book about our escapade in
the Phillippines in 1898. Reading quotes from President McKinley, from
military personnel and observers during that war, the parallels are
chilling. If I have time this weekend, maybe I'll post some short excerpts.

If anyone's interested, the book is "In Our Image: America's Empire in the
Phillipines", by Stanley Karnow. It's well worth the effort to hunt it down
at the library, or find a used copy online at a place like www.powells.com,
Barnes & Noble, etc.