BoatBanter.com

-   -   Anybody following the 3 missing boaters from Naples story? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1883-anybody-following-3-missing-boaters-naples-story.html)

NOYB November 6th 03 01:37 AM

Anybody following the 3 missing boaters from Naples story?

About 2 1/2 weeks ago, three guys left Naples in a 24' Hydrasport Cuddy
heading 60 miles offshore, at night, to fish a wreck. They were reported
missing the next day, and the Coast Guard spent $1.6 million and about a
week's time looking for them. Then, yesterday, the boat was found on a
beach in Cape Canaveral...on the other coast! On board, they found the
remains of one individual, but forensics haven't come back on it yet. The
FBI is handling the investigation because of a number of "odd" discoveries.
The steering wheel was tied with a rope to the cabin hatch. The rope was
then tied several times around the bow railing, and had appeared to be cut.
Numerous PFD's, a flare kit, several jerry cans of fuel, etc were
recovered...possibly indicating the boat remained upright and afloat until
being capsized in the surf off Cape Canaveral.

Here's a link:
http://www.rescuethree.org

You can find additional info at naplesnews.com.

Wierd!

Gfretwell November 6th 03 03:23 AM

Anybody following the 3 missing boaters from Naples story?

If one of these guys doesn't turn up on a little island in the Torugas or
something, I doubt we will never know exactly what happened. The fact that the
engine cover was on seems to say they didn't have a mechanical problem and you
say they still had fuel.
At this point I would be looking for bullet holes and wallets.

Wayne.B November 6th 03 05:40 AM

On 06 Nov 2003 03:23:13 GMT, reg (Gfretwell) wrote:

At this point I would be looking for bullet holes and wallets.

Have there been any similar "incidents" in recent years down there?

Gfretwell November 6th 03 07:21 AM

Anybody following the 3 missing boaters from Naples story?

At this point I would be looking for bullet holes and wallets.

================================================= =

Have there been any similar "incidents" in recent years down there?

Not that I know of, at least not "stranger danger"

Wayne.B November 6th 03 07:54 AM

================================================ ==

Have there been any similar "incidents" in recent years down there?

Not that I know of, at least not "stranger danger"

=====================================

That's reassuring, we're moving down in 2 weeks.

:-)

NOYB November 6th 03 02:36 PM

Anybody following the 3 missing boaters from Naples story?

In 1994, four guys travelled to the same shipwreck (Baja California). When
they didn't return as scheduled, a couple of days search found one of the
individuals clinging to a military communication tower 4 miles away. Their
boat was found sitting on top of the wreck. The other three bodies were
never found.

http://www.vanished.org/html/mystery_in_gulf.html

NOYB November 6th 03 02:36 PM

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On 06 Nov 2003 07:21:27 GMT, reg (Gfretwell) wrote:

At this point I would be looking for bullet holes and wallets.

================================================ ==

Have there been any similar "incidents" in recent years down there?

Not that I know of, at least not "stranger danger"

=====================================

That's reassuring, we're moving down in 2 weeks.

That's how the Good Ol' Southern' boys deal with the overpopulation of
Yankees.

basskisser November 6th 03 07:13 PM

"NOYB" wrote in message thlink.net...
"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On 06 Nov 2003 07:21:27 GMT, reg (Gfretwell) wrote:

At this point I would be looking for bullet holes and wallets.

================================================ ==

Have there been any similar "incidents" in recent years down there?

Not that I know of, at least not "stranger danger"

=====================================

That's reassuring, we're moving down in 2 weeks.

That's how the Good Ol' Southern' boys deal with the overpopulation of
Yankees.

There aren't very many good ole southern boys in Florida anymore. It's
a southern state in geography only.

Gfretwell November 6th 03 07:19 PM

Anybody following the 3 missing boaters from Naples story?

There aren't very many good ole southern boys in Florida anymore. It's
a southern state in geography only.

At least when you are down by the beach or in the big city. If you get inland a
few miles you will still find good ol boys.