BoatBanter.com

-   -   96 Sea Doo Speedster Starting Problem - Odd Noise From ElectricalBox? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/188-re-96-sea-doo-speedster-starting-problem-odd-noise-electricalbox.html)

David Wolfenbarger July 17th 03 02:51 AM

96 Sea Doo Speedster Starting Problem - Odd Noise From ElectricalBox?

I had an almost identical problem with a Yamaha WaveRunner. I charged the
battery several times, but always ended up draining it while trying to resolve
the problem. I finally purchased a new battery and it fired up right away...
The original battery 'seemed' good, although I never measured the voltage and
would assume it was low.

David Wolfenbarger
----------
(Jason) wrote...

Hoping someone has some insight on this problem before I head to the
dealer. I just took my 96 Sea Doo Speeder out of winterization and
attempted to start the engines after performing normal maintenance.
While hitting the start button a loud buzz comes from what sounds like
the electrical box. This happens when I try either engine. Then I
hear another click from the box after about 10 seconds. Here is what
I've done so far...

- Ensured the batteries where completely charged
- Checked all fuses and electrical connections
- Replaced sparks plugs and confirmed connections
- Checked that flywheels aren't stuck

I've checked through the newsgroups and the instructional manual with
no luck. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks....
Jason