BoatBanter.com

-   -   humanities majors (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/187244-humanities-majors.html)

Bill[_12_] February 16th 21 06:51 PM

humanities majors

https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Keyser Söze[_3_] February 16th 21 06:57 PM

humanities majors

On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

--
Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,
Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull,

Bill[_13_] February 16th 21 07:10 PM

humanities majors

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 13:57:38 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

I'm already living in a cave!

Bill[_12_] February 16th 21 07:14 PM

humanities majors

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

I seem to have done better with my education than you have. Did you sleep
through school and get socially promoted? Or you took all basket weaving
classes?

[email protected] February 16th 21 11:18 PM

humanities majors

wrote:

On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

No, without engineering majors, we would be living in a cave. It might
be a well decorated cave with artful drawings and poetry readings by
the fire light but it was engineers who built the infrastructure that
separates us from the neanderthals.

John[_6_] February 17th 21 01:00 AM

humanities majors

wrote:

On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

No, without engineering majors, we would be living in a cave. It might
be a well decorated cave with artful drawings and poetry readings by
the fire light but it was engineers who built the infrastructure that
separates us from the neanderthals.

Thank you for some sense.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

[email protected] February 18th 21 01:04 AM

humanities majors

wrote:

On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

No, without engineering majors, we would be living in a cave. It might
be a well decorated cave with artful drawings and poetry readings by
the fire light but it was engineers who built the infrastructure that
separates us from the neanderthals.

And, yet I'm still living under a rock. Go figure.

bruce bowser February 18th 21 07:22 PM

humanities majors

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

I'm already living in a cave!

He was right. You didn't have them.

Bill[_12_] February 19th 21 02:44 AM

humanities majors

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

I'm already living in a cave!

He was right. You didn't have them.

Huh? My cave is a very nice cave. Market value around $1.4 million.

Keyser Söze[_3_] February 19th 21 01:54 PM

humanities majors

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

I'm already living in a cave!

He was right. You didn't have them.

Huh? My cave is a very nice cave. Market value around $1.4 million.

And would probably sell for $175,000 in a more rationally priced market.

True North[_2_] February 19th 21 02:02 PM

humanities majors

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

I'm already living in a cave!

He was right. You didn't have them.

Huh? My cave is a very nice cave. Market value around $1.4 million.

And would probably sell for $175,000 in a more rationally priced market.
--
Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,
Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull,
Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't see
most of your posts and I don't read any of them.

Even here properties are going for outrageous prices. A former co-worker just sold her house a block away from me for around $700k
That is about 15 times what they paid for the house in the early 70s. I remember because it was one of our retiring engineers selling and I wished I had heard about the sale before the deed was done. The current sellers had done a lot of upgrades but it still looked like a cottage or small story and a half.

Keyser Söze[_3_] February 19th 21 02:13 PM

humanities majors

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
[...]

Take a look at this "gem" in Bilious Bill's nearby San Francisco market.
$600,000. Laughable.

https://ibb.co/jhS5rGv

True North[_2_] February 19th 21 03:55 PM

humanities majors

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
[...]

Wow!
We hear similar stories about tiny houses in Toronto going for sky high prices.
Gotta feel sorry for the young folk making working class hero wages.

justan February 19th 21 04:34 PM

humanities majors

Keyser Söze Wrote in message:r
On 2/18/21 9:44 PM, Bill wrote: bruce bowser wrote: On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 2:10:34 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote: On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 13:57:38 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote: On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote: https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16 Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be living in a cave. I'm already living in a cave! He was right. You didn't have them. Huh? My cave is a very nice cave. Market value around $1.4 million. And would probably sell for $175,000 in a more rationally priced market.-- Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull,Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't seemost of your posts and I don't read any of them.

Maybe in souf Marysland. Location Location Location. Those who
live in ****ty locationd shouldn't cast stones.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

justan February 19th 21 04:37 PM

humanities majors

True North Wrote in message:r
On Friday, 19 February 2021 at 09:54:43 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote: On 2/18/21 9:44 PM, Bill wrote: bruce bowser wrote: On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 2:10:34 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote: On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 13:57:38 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote: On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote: https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16 Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be living in a cave. I'm already living in a cave! He was right. You didn't have them. Huh? My cave is a very nice cave. Market value around $1.4 million. And would probably sell for $175,000 in a more rationally priced market. -- Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com, Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull, Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't see most of your posts and I don't read any of them.Even here properties are going for outrageous prices. A former co-worker just sold her house a block away from me for around $700kThat is about 15 times what they paid for the house in the early 70s. I remember because it was one of our retiring engineers selling and I wished I had heard about the sale before the deed was done. The current sellers had done a lot of upgrades but it still looked like a cottage or small story and a half.

Isn't your house classified as a small story and a half?

True North[_2_] February 19th 21 05:23 PM

humanities majors

On Friday, 19 February 2021 at 12:37:34 UTC-4, justan wrote:
[...]

Wrong as usual, Justine.

Bill[_12_] February 19th 21 05:29 PM

humanities majors

Keyser Söze wrote:
wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

I'm already living in a cave!

He was right. You didn't have them.

Huh? My cave is a very nice cave. Market value around $1.4 million.

And would probably sell for $175,000 in a more rationally priced market.

Nah, more like $250K. Is a 2500 sq ft house in a top grade area. I blame
the Democrats and Clinton for the housing price travesty. After they
artificially inflated the market, they kept the crash that should have
happened to make the prices rational again away by screwing the taxpayers
and banks they forced to loan in the first place. And allowed Raines and
his number two to walk away with $90 million and no jail time.

Bill[_12_] February 19th 21 05:37 PM

humanities majors

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
[...]

And 3 blocks from me.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...25084159_zpid/

When I bought, the street ended a half block up the hill. Cows grazing.
Decent commute to Silicon Valley. Don’t know the standing now, but a
couple years ago, was the fourth highest income per capita city in the US.

Keyser Söze[_3_] February 19th 21 05:43 PM

humanities majors

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
[...]

There's really no rational national real estate market. A house/lot we
are looking at in a really nice suburb of Savannah is for sale for about
$550,000. A similar house here would be about $1,000,000 and in Hilton
Head, about $2.5 million. Probably $10 million out in San Francisco.

justan February 19th 21 05:48 PM

humanities majors

True North Wrote in message:r
On Friday, 19 February 2021 at 12:37:34 UTC-4, justan wrote: True North Wrote in message:r On Friday, 19 February 2021 at 09:54:43 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote: On 2/18/21 9:44 PM, Bill wrote: bruce bowser wrote: On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 2:10:34 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote: On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 13:57:38 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote: On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote: https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16 Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be living in a cave. I'm already living in a cave! He was right. You didn't have them. Huh? My cave is a very nice cave. Market value around $1.4 million. And would probably sell for $175,000 in a more rationally priced market. -- Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com, Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull, Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't see most of your posts and I don't read any of them.Even here properties are going for outrageous prices. A former co-worker just sold her house a block away from me for around $700kThat is about 15 times what they paid for the house in the early 70s. I remember because it was one of our retiring engineers selling and I wished I had heard about the sale before the deed was done. The current sellers had done a lot of upgrades but it still looked like a cottage or small story and a half. Isn't your house classified as a small story and a half? -- ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...ndex.htmlWrong as usual, Justine.

How would you classify it then? 700K Canadian is about twice what
yours is appraised at.

justan February 19th 21 05:56 PM

humanities majors

Bill Wrote in message:r
Keyser Söze wrote: On 2/19/21 9:02 AM, True North wrote: On Friday, 19 February 2021 at 09:54:43 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote: On 2/18/21 9:44 PM, Bill wrote: bruce bowser wrote: On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 2:10:34 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote: On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 13:57:38 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote: On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote: https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16 Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be living in a cave. I'm already living in a cave! He was right. You didn't have them. Huh? My cave is a very nice cave. Market value around $1.4 million. And would probably sell for $175,000 in a more rationally priced market. -- Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com, Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull, Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't see most of your posts and I don't read any of them. Even here properties are going for outrageous prices. A former co-worker just sold her house a block away from me for around $700k That is about 15 times what they paid for the house in the early 70s. I remember because it was one of our retiring engineers selling and I wished I had heard about the sale before the deed was done. The current sellers had done a lot of upgrades but it still looked like a cottage or small story and a half. Take a look at this "gem" in Bilious Bill's nearby San Francisco market. $600,000. Laughable. https://ibb.co/jhS5rGv And 3 blocks from me.https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...4159_zpid/When I bought, the street ended a half block up the hill. Cows grazing. Decent commute to Silicon Valley. Don?t know the standing now, but acouple years ago, was the fourth highest income per capita city in the US.

To be sure, Fat Harry cant afford to live in your neighborhood.
That must bring you some comfort.

[email protected] February 19th 21 07:13 PM

humanities majors

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 08:54:41 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

I'm already living in a cave!

He was right. You didn't have them.

Huh? My cave is a very nice cave. Market value around $1.4 million.

And would probably sell for $175,000 in a more rationally priced market.

Yours too if that. Real estate is nuts.
Eight years ago a guy in my neighborhood paid $460k and tore the house
down. That meant he thought the dirt was worth more than a half
million.

[email protected] February 19th 21 07:20 PM

humanities majors

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
[...]

$700k won't buy a preFIRM* house on the river right now. Land locked
FIRM compliant houses in the neighborhood go for $500k and up.
In 1984 I paid $72.5k for this one. (on the water, gulf access, no
bridges)

*That is one that FEMA hates and your insurance will be $7k a year or
more. It can't be renovated or repaired over 50% unless you lift up
the whole house ~7 feet.

[email protected] February 19th 21 07:28 PM

humanities majors

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
[...]

As much as those liberal California snowflakes like to complain about
the evil rich, the income disparity out there is about the worst in
the world. I agree with you, where does a landscaper in the Bay Area
live?
Do they commute in from Los Banos? (An ironic name for a town in
Merced County)

[email protected] February 19th 21 07:32 PM

humanities majors

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 12:43:35 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
[...]

This is what $2.4 mil gets you here. (Right behind me).

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...45522381_zpid/

justan February 19th 21 07:44 PM

humanities majors

Wrote in message:r
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 08:54:41 -0500, Keyser wrote:On 2/18/21 9:44 PM, Bill wrote: bruce bowser wrote: On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 2:10:34 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote: On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 13:57:38 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote: On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote: https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16 Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be living in a cave. I'm already living in a cave! He was right. You didn't have them. Huh? My cave is a very nice cave. Market value around $1.4 million. And would probably sell for $175,000 in a more rationally priced market.Yours too if that. Real estate is nuts. Eight years ago a guy in my neighborhood paid $460k and tore the housedown. That meant he thought the dirt was worth more than a halfmillion.

Years ago a pal of mine sold his Hingham Harbor house for 1mil3
and the new ownerr promptly tore it down. He had bought the house
for 53k. Location location location.

Wayne B February 19th 21 09:21 PM

humanities majors

wrote:

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

I'm already living in a cave!

He was right. You didn't have them.

Huh? My cave is a very nice cave. Market value around $1.4 million.

And would probably sell for $175,000 in a more rationally priced market.

Yours too if that. Real estate is nuts.
Eight years ago a guy in my neighborhood paid $460k and tore the house
down. That meant he thought the dirt was worth more than a half
million.

===

That happens all the time where we are.

[email protected] February 19th 21 10:13 PM

humanities majors

wrote:

wrote:
On 2/16/21 1:51 PM, Bill wrote:
https://www.gocomics.com/wumo/2021/02/16

Doubtful you know what "the humanities" are. Without them, you'd be
living in a cave.

I'm already living in a cave!

He was right. You didn't have them.

Huh? My cave is a very nice cave. Market value around $1.4 million.

And would probably sell for $175,000 in a more rationally priced market.

Yours too if that. Real estate is nuts.
Eight years ago a guy in my neighborhood paid $460k and tore the house
down. That meant he thought the dirt was worth more than a half
million.

===

That happens all the time where we are.

PreFIRM buildings are seldom worth as much as the lot is worth,
particularly on the water.