Default Biden's Death Total - 15,696

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 21:14:53 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 08:42:43 -0500, John wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 08:15:08 -0500,
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 01:02:59 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 05:36:21 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Wayne B wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 22:32:53 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 11:36:54 -0500, John wrote:

With all the time he had for planning, you'd think he'd be doing a lot better. I
wonder why he hasn't mandated country wide wearing of masks. So much of the
media and other liberals berated Trump continuously for not doing so.

Is Biden being let off the hook? (Note, boating related.)

Biden understands reality more than the media and the rest of the TDS
people. The president has no power even close to putting a binding
mandate on masks.
OTOH how many people would abide by it if he did?

The people who I know who are vehemently anti mask, anti Vax are not
going to listen to anything the government says and they can use the
government's own statements to point out the ambiguous nature of the
"science".

When the science is more political opinion than fact it is easy to be
skeptical if you were skeptical to start with.

I'm willing to play the game but I understand anything beyond staying
away from people and using sanitary procedures may not be all that
helpful.

===

Surgeons and other operating room personnel have been wearing masks
since just about forever. And there's a good reason for that as you
might suspect. I believe it has something to do with stopping the
spread of germs and viruses. Nobody argues about the science.

But they are not a well used piece of cloth.

===

Our masks are multi layer and one use only before being laundered. My
dentist wears a paper mask under a cloth mask.

Does he throw both of them away after each patient?

Mine does, but he now charges an extra $7 per visit for additiional PPE costs. I
can live with that.

Before all of this mess, I never saw a doctor wearing a mask if it
wasn't OR level surgery. They never did with dermatology level burning
and cutting or putting in stitches although my dentist wore a face
shield. Gloves were always pretty common tho.
They even wear gloves to give you a shot.
The ass doctor wears full PPE when they are scoping you tho. They look
like welders. I think that is just to keep the ass juice off of them.

My dentist has always worn a mask. I think my 'ass juice' was pretty clean after
drinking a gallon of that **** they make you drink!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 03:01:09 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 05:03:13 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 17:10:46 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 23:08:34 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

[...]

They still get sick, in spite of protocols far beyond multiple items
of single use, certified medical equipment and procedures.
You don't see them in the OR pulling a do rag out of their pocket and
wrapping it around their face, yet our government says that is a mask
and you will be OK. That is not any kind of science. It is feel good
politics.
The only real usefulness of most "masks" is it keeps you from picking
your nose with an infected finger.

What do you find in a clean nose? Fingerprints.

That was one thing about working on printers, you stop picking your
nose or really touching your face in any way. Also don't scratch your
ass unless you are wearing black pants ;-)

I started out changing ribbon and adding ink to cash registers. And we had
to wear a tie and at least a sport coat. Quick education.

I started with unit record equipment, big crunching machines with
machines oil and ink everywhere. My mentor was the model CE. His tools
and his tool bag was polished and he could do a rack and wheel job on
a 557 without rolling up his sleeves. Me, on the other hand, looked
like I was in an ink balloon fight for the first few months. I did get
a lot better until I started working on big laser printers. When you
have a transfer drum 3 feet in diameter you almost have to climb in to
get the beads out if you have a gap seal failure, there is no way to
avoid getting toner on the back of your shirt.
I was really happy to get down here and have control of my 3800s.
Nobody screwed them up and we had the best running three 3800s in the
region. (Lowest maintenance hours, lowest parts cost). It was fish in
a barrel tho. In DC we had about 50 of them, just in town/burbs and
the whole Southern Region only had about 40 across 6 or 7 states.
Those boys never got much experience. It was pretty much all I did for
about 4 years. I used to look for a nice down system CPU call or
something just to break the monotony.

Never had to fix the laser printers. First job after I graduated was with
Itel. We were interfacing a Siemens ND-2 printer to the IBM Channel. One
beta test system was in a room with IBM 3800. Same performance.
Approximately 30” a second print speed.But the drums were charged opposite
of the 3800. Someone used the wrong toner and printed black with white
letters. I heard that was a real mess to clean out the 3800.

The only time it was really bad is when the gap seal didn't seal and
the drum filled with beads. Other than that you could usually stay
away from the bulk of the toner.

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:27:50 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 09:38:58 -0500, B wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Have you actually looked at the masks that they use in ORs? They are the
cheap paper kind where air leaks through the mask and out of the sides.
They are in effect sneeze shields.

===

A lot of doctors and dentists these days are wearing cloth masks over
a paper mask. That just reinforces my point that masks ARE effective,
and that people should wear them when in close contact with strangers.

They certainly seemed effective in convincing you.

wrote:

[...]

I got a little too close to that when my wife had hers and it ain't
pretty. They are pumping air in and if it's in there, it is coming
out.

Wrote in message:r
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 12:52:13 -0500, John wrote:On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 21:14:53 -0500,
wrote:On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 08:42:43 -0500, John wrote:On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 08:15:08 -0500, wrote:On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 01:02:59 -0500, Wayne wrote:On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 05:36:21 -0000 (UTC), wrote:Wayne B wrote: On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 22:32:53 -0500, wrote: On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 11:36:54 -0500, John wrote: With all the time he had for planning, you'd think he'd be doing a lot better. I wonder why he hasn't mandated country wide wearing of masks. So much of the media and other liberals berated Trump continuously for not doing so. Is Biden being let off the hook? (Note, boating related.) Biden understands reality more than the media and the rest of the TDS people. The president has no power even close to putting a binding mandate on masks. OTOH how many people would abide by it if he did? The people who I know who are vehemently anti mask, anti Vax are not going to listen to anything the government says and they can use the government's own statements to point out the ambiguous nature of the "science". When the science is more political opinion than fact it is easy to be skeptical if you were skeptical to start with. I'm willing to play the game but I understand anything beyond staying away from people and using sanitary procedures may not be all that helpful. === Surgeons and other operating room personnel have been wearing masks since just about forever. And there's a good reason for that as you might suspect. I believe it has something to do with stopping the spread of germs and viruses. Nobody argues about the science. But they are not a well used piece of cloth.===Our masks are multi layer and one use only before being laundered. Mydentist wears a paper mask under a cloth mask.Does he throw both of them away after each patient?Mine does, but he now charges an extra $7 per visit for additiional PPE costs. Ican live with that.Before all of this mess, I never saw a doctor wearing a mask if itwasn't OR level surgery. They never did with dermatology level burningand cutting or putting in stitches although my dentist wore a faceshield. Gloves were always pretty common tho. They even wear gloves to give you a shot. The ass doctor wears full PPE when they are scoping you tho. They looklike welders. I think that is just to keep the ass juice off of them.My dentist has always worn a mask. I think my 'ass juice' was pretty clean afterdrinking a gallon of that **** they make you drink!I got a little too close to that when my wife had hers and it ain'tpretty. They are pumping air in and if it's in there, it is comingout.

Ya but it makes everyone within earshot smile. :-)
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

total hypocrisy... skin a cat General 16 September 27th 13 06:45 PM
Total fail... JustWait General 9 October 24th 11 08:13 PM
Total lack of understanding. Capt. Neal ASA 33 March 4th 05 09:33 PM
Total Eclipse of the moon Joe ASA 10 October 29th 04 04:01 AM
Total lunar eclipse Parallax Cruising 4 November 6th 03 06:50 PM