Default My Tacoma at 50,000 miles...

On Tuesday, 19 January 2021 at 13:34:14 UTC-4, justan wrote:
True North Wrote in message:r
On Tuesday, 19 January 2021 at 10:39:12 UTC-4, justan wrote: Keyser Söze Wrote in message:r On 1/18/21 7:02 PM, True North wrote: On Monday, 18 January 2021 at 19:33:56 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote: On 1/18/21 5:53 PM, Wayne B wrote: On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 22:26:23 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote: Keyser Söze wrote: Finally had to spend more than I usually do on oil and filter changes....needed front brake pads and had the rotors turned...$201. Probably have to pop for four tires at 60,000. It's certainly been a no-drama vehicle so far. Surprised they turned rotors. Most these days replace as not a lot of extra meat. === I have an 18 y/o Tundra with 130,000 miles on it. Good vehicle except for the rotors. I finally got some 3rd party rotors that are drilled and slotted. So far so good. I'm starting to think about replacement tires. Haven't done any research yet. Mostly paved road driving, a bit of snow driving. Need good traction in rain, quiet tires. 17"-ers. -- Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com, Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull, Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't see most of your posts and I don't read any of them. I replaced the original equipment tires on my 2013 Highlander with Michelin tires. Couldn't believe it how quick they wore down. Costco got me a warranty credit and replaced those with All Weather tires....which are in-between all season and real winter tires. So far, so good. BTW... just turned 65000 kilometers on the clock. Whose all-weather tires?-- Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull,Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't seemost of your posts and I don't read any of them. I know. Confusing post. I thought you were going to teach him how to write. Is he saying that he wore out 2 sets of tires in under 40000 miles? ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...ndex.htmlBingo, Justine.You can't be as dumb as they say.

Don't listen to "they'. They're the ones who caused you to make
poor purchasing decisions.
Turning corners is hard on tires. I suspect your city driving is
going to wear out any set of tires quickly. the best you can do
is keep your tires inflated and check your front and rear end
allignment.
--
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

Amusing...now you're sounding like the Costco tire center manager.

True North Wrote in message:r
On Tuesday, 19 January 2021 at 13:34:14 UTC-4, justan wrote: True North Wrote in message:r On Tuesday, 19 January 2021 at 10:39:12 UTC-4, justan wrote: Keyser Söze Wrote in message:r On 1/18/21 7:02 PM, True North wrote: On Monday, 18 January 2021 at 19:33:56 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote: On 1/18/21 5:53 PM, Wayne B wrote: On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 22:26:23 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote: Keyser Söze wrote: Finally had to spend more than I usually do on oil and filter changes...needed front brake pads and had the rotors turned...$201. Probably have to pop for four tires at 60,000. It's certainly been a no-drama vehicle so far. Surprised they turned rotors. Most these days replace as not a lot of extra meat. === I have an 18 y/o Tundra with 130,000 miles on it. Good vehicle except for the rotors. I finally got some 3rd party rotors that are drilled and slotted. So far so good. I'm starting to think about replacement tires. Haven't done any research yet. Mostly paved road driving, a bit of snow driving. Need good traction in rain, quiet tires. 17"-ers. -- Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com, Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull, Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't see most of your posts and I don't read any of them. I replaced the original equipment tires on my 2013 Highlander with Michelin tires. Couldn't believe it how quick they wore down. Costco got me a warranty credit and replaced those with All Weather tires...which are in-between all season and real winter tires. So far, so good. BTW... just turned 65000 kilometers on the clock. Whose all-weather tires?-- Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull,Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't seemost of your posts and I don't read any of them. I know. Confusing post. I thought you were going to teach him how to write. Is he saying that he wore out 2 sets of tires in under 40000 miles? ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...ndex.htmlBingo, Justine.You can't be as dumb as they say. Don't listen to "they'. They're the ones who caused you to make poor purchasing decisions. Turning corners is hard on tires. I suspect your city driving is going to wear out any set of tires quickly. the best you can do is keep your tires inflated and check your front and rear end allignment. -- ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...lAmusing...now you're sounding like the Costco tire center manager.

WHAT PART WAS AMUSING TO YOU?
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 09:11:39 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

[...]

Donald, did you ever wonder how a 'brown noser' got the name?

https://i.imgflip.com/1vxs83.jpg
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 09:47:25 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

[...]

Exactly. That's the point. He's giving you great advice.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On 1/19/21 12:47 PM, True North wrote:

[...]

Hey, if you park your truck, put it up on blocks, and remove the tires
and store them out of the reach of sunlight, you won't have any tire
wear!

wrote:
[...]

Wow, JohnnyMop.
Y'all sure do seem infatuated by anything to do with butts...human or animals. I suppose growing up on a southern farm introduced you to the animal version at an early age. No wonder your pappy shipped your sorry ass of to the army as soon as he could. I bet the farm animals were glad he did.

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 10:08:56 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Wrote in message:r
On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:48:59 -0500, Keyser wrote:Finally had to spend more than I usually do on oil and filter changes...needed front brake pads and had the rotors turned...$201. Probably have to pop for four tires at 60,000. It's certainly been a no-drama vehicle so far. That is the way

cars are now. I have had my Honda for almost 20 yearsand I haven't done dick to it. At this point an oil change mightdouble the value ;-)

Mine is 12. I treat it to an oil change once a year weather it
needs it or not. I replaced 1 strut because it was leaking a bit.
Brakes are original. Emergency brake got dragged about 200 miles.
Needless to say the pads were worn to metal and the drums were
well grooved. I finally got around to fixing them last year. $29
for new shoes. Took a drum sander on an electric drill to the
grooved brake drums using the grooves as a guide to removing
material. Good to go now. I'm on my 5th set of tires. The
odometer shows less than half the rolling miles. Hondas are good
cars.

I don't have a clue how many miles are on this one. I know the 10,000
wheel didn't move for 20,000 miles, then it rolled half way for 10,000
more and finally clicked over. That is a classic "ice picked odometer"
symptom. CarFax was useless.
I am guessing maybe 200,000. I have put one and a half sets of tires
on this in 19 years, a clutch master cylinder, a knock sensor, the oil
filter base was leaking and I bought the dealer $1000 belt job. It
still says ~101k on the odometer tho. It said 69k when I bought it in
2002. I did go for a Maaco paint job 10 years ago but it is ugly now.
I may have changed the oil 10 times but I don't remember that many.
I just carry a screwdriver. When it craps out I will take the tags,
have AAA haul it away and drop me at a car rental place. I paid $14k
for it. I have about another $3k in it total other than gas. I got my
money's worth.

Wrote in message:r
[...]

My 2003 Toyota 4Runner had 200,000+ miles on it when in 2016 I gave it
to my brother in law. Brake caliper inserts, tires, and two batteries,
plus regular oil and filter changers were it. I kind of recall one set
of spark plugs were replaced, but that may be a false memory.

Way back in the dark ages, I had driven down to Ft. Leonard Wood from KC
for the Star to cover the dedication/opening of a new military hospital
there. On the way back, my pretty much trashed out MG-A that I bought
cheap with 100,000+ miles on it caught fire. Seriously. Car went up in
smoke and there was a small explosion. This was at dusk on a
Missouri country road. I removed the plates, hitched to a nearby hick
town and luckily was able to catch a Trailways or Greyhound back to KC.
Hell, the car might still be here, being used as a planter.