BoatBanter.com

-   -   Admiral McRaven for Biden (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/186313-admiral-mcraven-biden.html)

Keyser Söze[_3_] October 21st 20 02:43 PM

Admiral McRaven for Biden

Retired Adm. William McRaven, the former commander of the U.S. Special
Operations Command, is perhaps best known to Americans as the Navy SEAL
who oversaw the 2011 raid that killed Osama bin Laden. In a new op-ed
for the Wall Street Journal, the retired admiral talks about the ballot
he cast this week in Texas.

Truth be told, I am a pro-life, pro-Second Amendment,
small-government, strong-defense and a national-anthem-standing
conservative. But, I also believe that black lives matter, that the
Dreamers deserve a path to citizenship, that diversity and inclusion are
essential to our national success, that education is the great
equalizer, that climate change is real and that the First Amendment is
the cornerstone of our democracy. Most important, I believe that America
must lead in the world with courage, conviction and a sense of honor and
humility.

He added, "I voted for Joe Biden."

Taking aim specifically at the president's repeated insistence that the
United States is held in higher regard thanks to his leadership, McRaven
also wrote, without ever mentioning the incumbent president's name:

Now, the world no longer looks up to America. They have been
witness to our dismissiveness, our lack of respect and our transactional
approach to global issues. They have seen us tear up our treaties, leave
our allies on the battlefield and cozy up to despots and dictators. They
have seen our incompetence in handling the pandemic and the wildfires.
They have seen us struggle with social injustice. They no longer think
we can lead, because they have seen an ineptness and a disdain for
civility that is beyond anything in their memory. But, without American
leadership the world will indeed be transformed, just not in the way we
hope.

--
220,000+ Americans will never recover from the incompetence of Donald
Trump. :(

Justan O. October 21st 20 03:45 PM

Admiral McRaven for Biden

On 10/21/20 9:43 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

He must have written that 4 or more years ago.

Keyser Söze[_3_] October 21st 20 04:36 PM

Admiral McRaven for Biden

On 10/21/20 10:45 AM, Justan O. wrote:
On 10/21/20 9:43 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
Retired Adm. William McRaven, the former commander of the U.S. Special
Operations Command, is perhaps best known to Americans as the Navy
SEAL who oversaw the 2011 raid that killed Osama bin Laden. In a new
op-ed for the Wall Street Journal, the retired admiral talks about the
ballot he cast this week in Texas.

Â*Â*Â* Truth be told, I am a pro-life, pro-Second Amendment,
small-government, strong-defense and a national-anthem-standing
conservative. But, I also believe that black lives matter, that the
Dreamers deserve a path to citizenship, that diversity and inclusion
are essential to our national success, that education is the great
equalizer, that climate change is real and that the First Amendment is
the cornerstone of our democracy. Most important, I believe that
America must lead in the world with courage, conviction and a sense of
honor and humility.

He added, "I voted for Joe Biden."

Taking aim specifically at the president's repeated insistence that
the United States is held in higher regard thanks to his leadership,
McRaven also wrote, without ever mentioning the incumbent president's
name:

Â*Â*Â* Now, the world no longer looks up to America. They have been
witness to our dismissiveness, our lack of respect and our
transactional approach to global issues. They have seen us tear up our
treaties, leave our allies on the battlefield and cozy up to despots
and dictators. They have seen our incompetence in handling the
pandemic and the wildfires. They have seen us struggle with social
injustice. They no longer think we can lead, because they have seen an
ineptness and a disdain for civility that is beyond anything in their
memory. But, without American leadership the world will indeed be
transformed, just not in the way we hope.

He must have written that 4 or more years ago.

Uh, no.

--
210,000+ Americans will never recover from the incompetence of Donald
Trump. :(

[email protected] October 21st 20 10:21 PM

Admiral McRaven for Biden

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 09:43:37 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

[...]

He seems to disagree with Biden on a=lmost everything.

He just doesn't like people who stop the endless wars. Bad for
business.

Keyser Söze[_3_] October 21st 20 10:32 PM

Admiral McRaven for Biden

wrote:

[...]

You obviously didn't read McRaven's statement

[email protected] October 22nd 20 05:47 AM

Admiral McRaven for Biden

wrote:

[...]

I didn't see anything in there to dispute what I said. Military people
think we should still be grinding deeper into those no win wars Trump
pulled us out of and if you think the Iraqis or Afghanis are "allies"
you are still drunk from the Bush/Cheney/Wolfowitz Kool Ade.

I also think NATO is an obsolete relic of the Cold War, made
meaningless by the dissolution of the Warsaw pact. I didn't support
Trump moving troops from Germany to Poland. That violated the
agreement we had with Gorbachev and Yeltzen about not expanding NATO
into the Warsaw pact nations. It makes us the aggressor in the region.
BTW so much for saying Trump is kissing Putin's ass. That is the kind
of thing that makes Russians fire their leaders.

Boating All Out October 22nd 20 08:57 AM

Admiral McRaven for Biden

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 17:32:50 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You're nuts. What wars has Bomber Trump pulled us out of?
Because a war ends doesn't mean Bomber Trump ended it.
You're alway whining about bombing, but when Trump B-52's Afghanistan to
hell you make like he's a peacenik.. Get real. Talk about Kool Ade.

[email protected] October 22nd 20 05:01 PM

Admiral McRaven for Biden

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 02:57:37 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 17:32:50 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Aren't you one of the guys who said Clinton bombing Iraq wasn't war?

The Taliban has entered negotiations to finally end this mess. That is
significant. Let's see if they are willing to talk to the Biden
administration

Boating All Out October 23rd 20 05:28 AM

Admiral McRaven for Biden

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 02:57:37 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,

says...

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 17:32:50 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Nope.

The Taliban has entered negotiations to finally end this mess. That is
significant. Let's see if they are willing to talk to the Biden
administration

Shift to Clinton, whose 8 years can't hold a candle to Trumps 4 years of
bombing. "significant" Weasel word. Peacemaker Trump.
At least he didn't use nukes. He's saving them for hurricanes.

Bill[_12_] October 23rd 20 06:00 AM

Admiral McRaven for Biden

Boating All Out wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 02:57:37 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,

says...

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 17:32:50 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So, Trump did a better job of bombing?