Default kaboom!

My windows laptop has given up its ghost which may not be a bad thing
because I got on here and a couple of other groups using google groups
online and to be honest it seriously sucks. So im temporarily using my
wife's macbook and she uses email software that has the ability to read
and post to usenet using a freebie usenet provider. Since I need a
laptop I think I will swipe this one and buy my wife a new apple macbook
following the primary rule of successful marriage that states everything
you have is your wife's and everything your wife has is hers unless you
replace what you borrow from her.

On 9/20/20 12:00 PM, tommy collins wrote:
My windows laptop has given up its ghost which may not be a bad thing
because I got on here and a couple of other groups using google groups
online and to be honest it seriously sucks. So im temporarily using my
wife's macbook and she uses email software that has the ability to read
and post to usenet using a freebie usenet provider. Since I need a
laptop I think I will swipe this one and buy my wife a new apple macbook
following the primary rule of successful marriage that states everything
you have is your wife's and everything your wife has is hers unless you
replace what you borrow from her.

Is the name Harry Krause so tarnished that it is unusable?

On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 12:00:21 -0400, tommy collins
wrote:

My windows laptop has given up its ghost which may not be a bad thing
because I got on here and a couple of other groups using google groups
online and to be honest it seriously sucks. So im temporarily using my
wife's macbook and she uses email software that has the ability to read
and post to usenet using a freebie usenet provider. Since I need a
laptop I think I will swipe this one and buy my wife a new apple macbook
following the primary rule of successful marriage that states everything
you have is your wife's and everything your wife has is hers unless you
replace what you borrow from her.

Must be a bad weekend for computers. I bought an SSD for this machine
Friday and when I plugged it in it blew the power supply and took out
my C: drive. I was all day yesterday putting things back together.
Thank heaven for good backups. I was going slow because I wasn't
really sure how deep the damage really was and I didn't want to go
backwards. I did things like backing up my backup on another machine
so I spent a lot of time watching a progress bar crawl along. I have a
new PS on the way but this one I had on the shelf seems to be working.
I also have 2 working C drives now. (one hot spare) The SSD is going
back to Amazon, the power supply is in the trash and the disk drive is
on the bench waiting for its magnetectomy.

I bought my wife the new Samsung tablet they just released a day or so
ago for her birthday. She bought herself a Note 20 (phone)

wrote:

[...]

Mine, the one that kind of blew up, was a Dell about 6 years old. I
don't want to spend a dime to find out what is wrong with it and fix it.
It wasn't used that much. The apple laptop I am stealing from my wife is
older, gets lugged around, and has never hiccuped. I just ordered her a
new apple laptop and it apparently is easy to transfer her stuff from
the old machine to the new. I have a backup from my old dead machine
that has my word processing and data files, so I will survive the
transition. the apples use the microsfot office suite too.

On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 17:01:09 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 9/20/20 12:00 PM, tommy collins wrote:
My windows laptop has given up its ghost which may not be a bad thing
because I got on here and a couple of other groups using google groups
online and to be honest it seriously sucks. So im temporarily using my
wife's macbook and she uses email software that has the ability to read
and post to usenet using a freebie usenet provider. Since I need a
laptop I think I will swipe this one and buy my wife a new apple macbook
following the primary rule of successful marriage that states everything
you have is your wife's and everything your wife has is hers unless you
replace what you borrow from her.

Is the name Harry Krause so tarnished that it is unusable?

===

I believe there are tax liens on it. Use at your own risk. :-)

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

The biggest problem I know about with Dell Laptops is the video driver
card (in the display half) goes bad. I have one here, dead video,
hooked to a monitor (in the Bud Light sign). that won't die and it is
living outside in the Tiki Bar

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/New%20tiki%20screen.jpg

I have tossed a few others because something else seems to be blowing
the card. A new one doesn't last long.

On 9/20/20 5:24 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 14:13:49 -0400, tommy collins
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Wife's new Macbook supposed to arrive by tomorrow via UPS. Her old one,
which I am using now, works fine for my needs of web surfing, email,
word processing and spreadsheet. The battery in the Macbook I am using
probably should be replaced but so far I'm using it 100% plugged into
wall outlet AC. Saw a video on replacing battery, looks easy enough.