Default Hot dog

Now that Fat Harry is history we have some new boating blood on rec.boats
Tim Tim is offline

I’ve noticed that. And old and new thread. Yaaaay!

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 23:22:57 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

Now that Fat Harry is history we have some new boating blood on rec.boats

Yup. I'm learning a lot!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 23:22:57 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

Now that Fat Harry is history we have some new boating blood on rec.boats

===

Yes, very encouraging. It's also nice that every new post is not
degenerating into a political food fight.

Unfortunately I don't have any boating adventures to share right now,
wish I did. My challenge this summer is to figure out where my
stabilizer system is leaking hydraulic oil and fix it. Unfortunately
my expertise lies elsewhere, and the so called experts have already
failed several times.

The system consists of a Vickers 10 hp hydraulic pump on the port side
engine, coupled to a resevoir and control gyro. The gyro senses roll
motion and sends fluid to remote servo valves as needed. The servo
valves are like electrical relays in that a small input can control a
large amout of power, in this case the power to turn the stabilizer
fins in the proper direction to minimize roll. The leak(s) could be
just about anywhere and access to hoses, servo valves and pistons is
poor. Most likely suspects are leaking hydraulic seals, leaking hose
or hose connection.

All suggestions welcome.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:
[...]

Reminds of my boating. Went to a Sierra lake a couple weeks ago, and
starter frozen. So just replaced the starter, trying to find a top mount
to fit, so when the bottom mount goes out, will be easy replacement.
Changed the trailer light plug as it was cracked. Boat, Bend Over Another
Time. Be ready to go to Donner Lake in a week or so. Nice thing about
California, other than the politicians, is some really nice boating, both
salt and fresh.

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 01:04:42 -0000 (UTC), Bill

[...]

I am sad to say I am not getting out much at all these days. My wife
is not up to going and I don't want to leave her home, even if Deuce
still likes it..

wrote:
[...]

Sorry to hear about you wife.

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 02:11:46 -0000 (UTC), Bill

[...]

Yes, hope it's nothing serious.

https://www.avg.com