BoatBanter.com

-   -   Questionable immunity (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/185378-questionable-immunity.html)

Mr. Luddite[_4_] April 26th 20 04:36 PM

Questionable immunity

The jury is still out on the idea of "herd immunity" ... or any
immunity at all with covid-19.

"WHO warns there's no evidence of coronavirus immunity as global death
toll reaches 200,000"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/warns-theres-no-evidence-coronavirus-111626171.html

https://www.avg.com

Bill[_12_] April 26th 20 05:05 PM

Questionable immunity

Mr. Luddite wrote:

The jury is still out on the idea of "herd immunity" ... or any
immunity at all with covid-19.

"WHO warns there's no evidence of coronavirus immunity as global death
toll reaches 200,000"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/warns-theres-no-evidence-coronavirus-111626171.html

It appears to me, that they are lacking any large research in to the
immunity side. A few small,scale studies, like Stanford in the Silicon
Valley, but we are testing for sick people not recovered people. Maybe
hard to switch from healthcare for the sick to research on recovered to see
if there is an acquired immunity.

Keyser Soze April 26th 20 05:49 PM

Questionable immunity

On 4/26/20 12:05 PM, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:

The jury is still out on the idea of "herd immunity" ... or any
immunity at all with covid-19.

"WHO warns there's no evidence of coronavirus immunity as global death
toll reaches 200,000"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/warns-theres-no-evidence-coronavirus-111626171.html

It appears to me, that they are lacking any large research in to the
immunity side. A few small,scale studies, like Stanford in the Silicon
Valley, but we are testing for sick people not recovered people. Maybe
hard to switch from healthcare for the sick to research on recovered to see
if there is an acquired immunity.

I've been posting pretty much the same thing regarding attempts to draw
real conclusions from very limited testing and studies. That must scare
you! :)

--
MAGA - Manipulating America's Gullible Assholes

[email protected] April 26th 20 10:51 PM

Questionable immunity

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 11:36:24 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

The jury is still out on the idea of "herd immunity" ... or any
immunity at all with covid-19.

"WHO warns there's no evidence of coronavirus immunity as global death
toll reaches 200,000"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/warns-theres-no-evidence-coronavirus-111626171.html

We are not going to know anything until cold and flu season comes
again. We don't know whether this will mutate beyond the immunity
"cured" people have. If so how much catching up would we need?
Bear in mind the common cold (another Corona virus) has no vaccine.
Herd immunity does give us the antibodies to fight it tho. The more
colds you have had and recovered from, the more antibodies you have.

If someone with a cold goes into the deep woods of the Amazon, they
might have a chance of wiping out a whole village because most of the
indigenous people have never had a 1st world cold. To them it is a
novel virus.

Bill[_12_] April 26th 20 11:11 PM

Questionable immunity

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/26/20 12:05 PM, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:

The jury is still out on the idea of "herd immunity" ... or any
immunity at all with covid-19.

"WHO warns there's no evidence of coronavirus immunity as global death
toll reaches 200,000"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/warns-theres-no-evidence-coronavirus-111626171.html

It appears to me, that they are lacking any large research in to the
immunity side. A few small,scale studies, like Stanford in the Silicon
Valley, but we are testing for sick people not recovered people. Maybe
hard to switch from healthcare for the sick to research on recovered to see
if there is an acquired immunity.

I've been posting pretty much the same thing regarding attempts to draw
real conclusions from very limited testing and studies. That must scare
you! :)

You cut and paste any any Trump stuff. Nothing original escapes from you.
You post testing for everybody. What test? That they are sick? Where are
the antibodies tests?