BoatBanter.com

-   -   House of Representatives ..... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/184648-house-representatives.html)

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 26th 20 09:29 PM

House of Representatives .....

Seems the House is finally catching up with some long overdue
legislation now that they aren't so focused on impeachment hearings:

"The House of Representatives passed a bill with broad bipartisan
support on Wednesday designating lynching as a federal crime — a
historic move that paves the way for antilynching legislation to be sent
to the president’s desk after hundreds of unsuccessful attempts over the
past century."

[email protected] February 26th 20 10:18 PM

House of Representatives .....

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 16:29:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Seems the House is finally catching up with some long overdue
legislation now that they aren't so focused on impeachment hearings:

"The House of Representatives passed a bill with broad bipartisan
support on Wednesday designating lynching as a federal crime — a
historic move that paves the way for antilynching legislation to be sent
to the president’s desk after hundreds of unsuccessful attempts over the
past century."

Yeah, that has been such a problem for the last 50 years.
Actually I thought murder was already a crime.

OTOH I doubt it passes the constitutional test unless this is a
federal employee or it involves crossing state lines but I doubt
anyone with standing will challenge it.