BoatBanter.com

-   -   Ping: Wayne (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/184328-ping-wayne.html)

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 5th 20 01:19 AM

Ping: Wayne

Our friends on the "Ring of Kerry" made their first crossing
this year and arrived uneventfully in Bimini, Bahamas.

This is their second year of wintering on the sailboat and
are enjoying it big time. The first year they sailed from MA
to SC and spent the winter. This year they went further
south to the Miami area of Florida and just made the
crossing to the Bahamas the other day

https://funkyimg.com/i/31Z1H.jpg

Adorable Deplorable February 5th 20 01:58 PM

Ping: Wayne

On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 20:19:45 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Our friends on the "Ring of Kerry" made their first crossing
this year and arrived uneventfully in Bimini, Bahamas.

This is their second year of wintering on the sailboat and
are enjoying it big time. The first year they sailed from MA
to SC and spent the winter. This year they went further
south to the Miami area of Florida and just made the
crossing to the Bahamas the other day

https://funkyimg.com/i/31Z1H.jpg

Beautiful boat. I love that style of sailboat. Doesn't look like it would win many races, but looks
like it would be the 'trawler of sailboats'.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Mr. Luddite[_4_] February 5th 20 02:19 PM

Ping: Wayne

On 2/5/2020 8:58 AM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 20:19:45 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Our friends on the "Ring of Kerry" made their first crossing
this year and arrived uneventfully in Bimini, Bahamas.

This is their second year of wintering on the sailboat and
are enjoying it big time. The first year they sailed from MA
to SC and spent the winter. This year they went further
south to the Miami area of Florida and just made the
crossing to the Bahamas the other day

https://funkyimg.com/i/31Z1H.jpg

Beautiful boat. I love that style of sailboat. Doesn't look like it would win many races, but looks
like it would be the 'trawler of sailboats'.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

S/V Ring of Kerry is a 1986 Hans Christian 41T.
The owners (George and Cecile) spent 3 years
doing a total refurbishment and updating before
starting their winter cruising. George did major
woodwork and mechanical repairs/updates while Cecile took
a course in sail making and has made new dodgers
and other equipment. They have installed a new
diesel engine and the most up to date electronics.

Now, they are enjoying the fruits of their labors.