BoatBanter.com

-   -   Nice afternoon at the range... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/184322-nice-afternoon-range.html)

Tim February 5th 20 06:06 PM

Nice afternoon at the range...

On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 08:06:55 -0800 (PST), Tim
All of the 30-06 we had on the ship was AP, in M1 clips. (dated 1945)
My dad said that was all they issued toward the end of the war because
it would punch through almost anything. That was pretty handy in
street fighting. If several guys unloaded on someone behind a brick
wall, they would poke a hole in it and a 30-06 could punch through
lightly armored vehicles.

——

It’s amazing what AP 30 ought can do to 3/8 cold steel plate compared to standard FMJ

Adorable Deplorable February 5th 20 08:32 PM

Nice afternoon at the range...

On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 11:44:37 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 2/5/20 11:02 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 04 Feb 2020 20:32:42 -0500,
wrote:

I prefer V2.0 The M14/M1A. There are a number of
improvements over Mr Garand's original effort.

===

Absolutely right.

Never fired any of these. Hopefully will get the chance.

I don't expect it will be with any of the Maryland Shooters though, eh Krause?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!