BoatBanter.com

-   -   good news from illinois (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/184320-re-good-news-illinois.html)

Tim February 4th 20 02:10 PM

good news from illinois

On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 9:53:00 AM UTC-6, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/29/20 9:44 AM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
I'm sure you boyz are unaware that insulin is very inexpensive to
manufacture, and that its price has tripled and quadrupled in the last
decade, and that a month's supply for a diabetic might run $1000 to
$1500, and that I know this because when I pick up my $5.00 copay Rx at
the pharmacy, I often watch a customer in front of me cry over an
incredible amount of money they have to pay for a med that costs a
couple of dollars to manufacture and a few more to distribute and the
sorrowful explanation from the pharmacist in explaining the horrific price.

Not that you Trumpsters give a **** about the problems of the ordinary
Americans among you.

(KUTV) — Skyrocketing insulin prices are driving some Americans out of
the country and into Canada for medicine they can actually afford.

The Independent reports a group of Minnesotans who are part of the
#Insulin4All initiative traveled to Canada, where insulin can be
purchased for $30 per vial, compared to the $300 they say they would pay
in the U.S.

Among them was Nicole Smith-Holt, whose type 1 diabetic son Alec
Raeshawn Smith died after he could no longer afford insulin, The
Independent reports.

“My trip to Canada was in memory of Alec," she told The Independent. "If
I had known that it was perfectly legal to purchase and bring back to
the US, I would have made the trip two years ago when he had no
insurance and was facing a bill of $1,300 (1,000) a month for insulin
and supplies.”

Another woman who made the trip reportedly told CBC prices were so much
lower in Canada, she felt she was robbing the pharmacy.

“I almost felt walking out of that pharmacy like I was robbing the
pharmacy," Quinn Nystrom told CBC. "I just couldn’t believe it.”

The price of insulin in Canada is significantly lower than the U.S.
partly because of a board that regulates the price of patented
medications. There, the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board restricts
how much a company can charge for patented medicines, The Independent
writes.

There are 26 U.S. state chapters of the #Insulin4All organization,
including one in Utah.

Skyrocketing insulin prices are driving some Americans out of the
country and into Canada for medicine they can actually afford. (Photo:
KUTV FILE)

In 2018, Yale University researchers discovered one in four type 1 and 2
diabetics rations their insulin — intentionally taking less than the
prescribed amount — due to cost. This has resulted in death for some
people with diabetes, as recorded on the T1 International website.

More he

https://is.gd/lusZzh

Insulin is cheap and easy to make. Its manufactures collude to keep
raising the price and colluding in what they do. You know, the American
way.

——-

My brother gets his over the counter at Walmart pharmacy for $25.00 a week .

That's a non-content answer. What sort of insulin? What is his dosage?
How many vials per week? What size vials? What sort of subsidy?

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...4-7fcc05a71ccc

Keyser Soze February 4th 20 02:39 PM

good news from illinois

On 1/29/20 9:44 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Thanks, interesting read. Read a little further and found that some
people may have real issues with this insulin, such as...death. Yikes.
Also discovered through reading further that all insulin is cheap to
manufacture, and there is no reason beyond greed for its selling price.