Old October 8th 19, 10:30 PM posted to rec.boats

Default Steak Success

wrote:
On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 19:09:37 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Tue, 08 Oct 2019 10:21:36 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Oct 2019 01:32:06 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 08 Oct 2019 00:20:09 -0400,

wrote:

I cooked up the last of my Costco ribeyes tonight.

I've got some of the no-salt steak seasoning on order that John
recommended but it hasn't arrived yet so I tried something different.

I took a fry pan and melted down a tablespoon or so of butter. Then I
stirred in a bunch of McCormacks reduced salt seasoning, a bunch of
fresh ground pepper and a bit of garlic powder. After stirring well,
dipped both sides of the steak into the butter and let it sit for a
minute. Then I put the steak onto the pre-heated George Foreman,
poured the remaining butter mixture on top and closed up the grill.
After 6 minutes I pulled the plug and let it sit for one more minute.

Darned if it wasn't the best steak I'd ever cooked, and one of the
best anywhere. Mission accomplished!

Thanks guys.

Cool, sounds good.

I love a ribeye cooked in butter in a cast iron skillet that's nice and
hot. I'll do it in the
garage to keep the smoke down in the house.

I have an outdoor kitchen for that stuff.

I cook on a side burner from an old bbq I made in to a table. And outside.

I have a gas grille with the side burner, an IR back burner, another
larger stand alone burner and a GE convection oven out there. If I am
really serious I will get the turkey cooker or the smoker out.
My outdoor fireplace is right behind the grille and that is where I
set up the smoker or turkey cooker. The smoke goes up the chimney and
out. If the turkey cooker did catch fire, it is in the fireplace. ;-)

I have a Treager, brinkman offset smoker and the side burner table. When I
do a turkey in the deep fryer I just but the unit on bare ground by the
back fence. Mostly the turkey cooker is a crab steamer.

Old October 9th 19, 12:44 AM posted to rec.boats

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 21:30:20 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

John H. wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Picture?

Cut the top off an old Costco gas BBQ, and built a top where the burner
area was. Welded the old side burner on to the wrong side of the unit.
Brain fart.

Cool.
Old October 9th 19, 01:21 AM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

My garage is my 'outdoor kitchen'. Works well in the rain also!

I am under cover out there. Lights, power, kitchen sink and all of
that stuff

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/country%20kitchen.jpg

The grill is on the left out of frame
Old October 9th 19, 01:29 AM posted to rec.boats

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 21:30:21 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

[...]

I have never actually fried a turkey. It is just a good deep fryer for
when you are serving a lot of people. I can cook french fries about 3
pounds at a time without the oil getting cold. That is very important
with fries if you want them not to be greasy. I am the french fry guy
at the HOA picnics. Some years we go through 10+ pounds of fries.
It is also good for the family fish fry when all of the kids are here
and the extended family shows up
Old October 9th 19, 04:05 AM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

I have fried a few turkeys. Actually pretty good, but I miss the drippings
for gravy.

Old October 9th 19, 10:55 AM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

I put a cake pan under the grate on the Traeger and catch the turkey drippings that way.
Old October 9th 19, 05:27 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

Hard to do that in a deep fryer.

Old October 9th 19, 08:18 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

Never tried deep frying one.