BoatBanter.com

-   -   Re our so called, racist president. (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/183097-re-re-our-so-called-racist-president.html)

amdx[_3_] September 2nd 19 12:50 AM

Re our so called, racist president.

On 9/1/2019 9:43 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 1 Sep 2019 09:22:38 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

You should have joined a labor union that negotiated for wages, hours,
working conditions, and benefits.

Yeah, maybe you should talk to some of my inlaws and ask them how all
of those UAW benefits are working for them. That $45 an hour job they
used to have pays $16 now and the benefits are cut to the bone.
Retirees are stuck paying insurance bills they were promised would
never happen.

Ya, but they are lucky to have that job and that it didn't get shipped
overseas.
Something Trump is trying to correct.
He needs to start working with the idea of timing on these tariffs,
make them long term to give American companies safe time to build up
and draw down. ie. China if you don't agree to 'this' by this date, we
will impose this % tariff on this product for ten years from this date,
to protect our companies that build it. If they start to see that this
is long term, we have a little punch in our tariff sword.
This is an important battle to fight and I'm happy Trump is in the
position to fight it. By personality and having our economy so much
better than the rest of the worlds economy.
Mikek