BoatBanter.com

-   -   Help with engine identification.. (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/182662-help-engine-identification.html)

Curtis July 6th 19 02:25 AM

Help with engine identification..

Hello,I am looking for parts for my boat,dont wanna order the wrong head gasket set,do I want to confirm the year of my engine,but I am hung up on the casting number decoding.
The boat is a 98 chapparrel,with a GM mercruiser 4.3l v-6.cant be sure that it's the original engine though.any pointers?block casting numbers are-T01129kp and -10105867 amd-A069.
The head casting is -14094768 and -A039.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Tim July 6th 19 12:05 PM

Help with engine identification..

Curtis

--
Curtis

———-

Curtis, that’s a very common GM engine used in S10s and light pickups and some cars. with those numbers you should be able to go to about any parts store and get what you need. NAPA is a good source for marine replacement parts anymire...

justan July 6th 19 12:49 PM

Curtis Wrote in message:
Hello,I am looking for parts for my boat,dont wanna order the wrong headgasket set,do I want to confirm the year of my engine,but I am hung upon the casting number decoding.The boat is a 98 chapparrel,with a GM mercruiser 4.3l v-6.cant be surethat it's the original engine though.any pointers?block casting numbersare-T01129kp and -10105867 amd-A069.The head casting is -14094768 and -A039.Any help would be much appreciated.-- Curtis

This is the part you want

https://www.marinetradingpost.com/pr.../glm-36100.htm

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

John H.[_5_] July 6th 19 12:54 PM

On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 02:25:18 +0100, Curtis wrote:

Hello,I am looking for parts for my boat,dont wanna order the wrong head
gasket set,do I want to confirm the year of my engine,but I am hung up
on the casting number decoding.
The boat is a 98 chapparrel,with a GM mercruiser 4.3l v-6.cant be sure
that it's the original engine though.any pointers?block casting numbers
are-T01129kp and -10105867 amd-A069.
The head casting is -14094768 and -A039.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Find the serial number and go he
https://www.perfprotech.com/mercury-...linder-engines

Scroll down for info on finding serial number:
https://www.perfprotech.com/mercury-...-parts-catalog

Good luck.

John H.[_5_] July 6th 19 12:56 PM

On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 07:49:56 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

Curtis Wrote in message:
Hello,I am looking for parts for my boat,dont wanna order the wrong headgasket set,do I want to confirm the year of my engine,but I am hung upon the casting number decoding.The boat is a 98 chapparrel,with a GM mercruiser 4.3l v-6.cant be surethat it's the original engine though.any pointers?block casting numbersare-T01129kp and -10105867 amd-A069.The head casting is -14094768 and -A039.Any help would be much appreciated.-- Curtis

This is the part you want

https://www.marinetradingpost.com/pr.../glm-36100.htm

Good job. Can you do that for Moto Guzzi parts also?

Justan Ohlphart[_3_] July 6th 19 01:04 PM

Help with engine identification..

John H. Wrote in message:
On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 07:49:56 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:Curtis Wrote in message: Hello,I am looking for parts for my boat,dont wanna order the wrong headgasket set,do I want to confirm the year of my engine,but I am hung upon the casting number decoding.The boat is a 98 chapparrel,with a GM mercruiser 4.3l v-6.cant be surethat it's the original engine though.any pointers?block casting numbersare-T01129kp and -10105867 amd-A069.The head casting is -14094768 and -A039.Any help would be much appreciated.-- CurtisThis is the part you wanthttps://www.marinetradingpost.com/pr...-36100.htmGood job. Can you do that for Moto Guzzi parts also?

Might could.
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----