Old May 14th 19, 08:36 PM posted to rec.boats

Default Happy Birthday...

....Alex!!!

Hope you're having a spectacular day.

Old May 14th 19, 09:14 PM posted to rec.boats
Tim Tim is offline

John H
....Alex!!!

Hope you're having a spectacular day.

Hear hear!
Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM posted to rec.boats

John H. wrote:
...Alex!!!

Hope you're having a spectacular day.

Thanks, guys! I was on the high seas fishing for grouper and snapper.
Our group of six each came home with about 20lbs of fillets for the freezer.

Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM posted to rec.boats

On Sat, 18 May 2019 23:14:09 -0400, Alex wrote:

John H. wrote:
...Alex!!!

Hope you're having a spectacular day.

Thanks, guys! I was on the high seas fishing for grouper and snapper.
Our group of six each came home with about 20lbs of fillets for the freezer.

I think my birthday wish was a day early anyway. Glad you had a good time! Did all that fish run you
about $7.99 a pound, or was it a bit more?
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM posted to rec.boats

John H. wrote:
...Alex!!!

Hope you're having a spectacular day.

Thanks, guys! I was on the high seas fishing for grouper and snapper.
Our group of six each came home with about 20lbs of fillets for the freezer.

I think my birthday wish was a day early anyway. Glad you had a good time! Did all that fish run you
about $7.99 a pound, or was it a bit more?

The only way the average person saves any money catching fish is if
they do it off a bridge or dock. Anything you catch offshore will end
up being ridiculously expensive if you amortized the cost of the boat,
fuel, bait and other equipment. A guy like Wayne may be an exception
because he fishes while he is going somewhere else but I imagine 1st
class air fare would disappear in the cost of maintaining and feeding
his boat without a ripple.

Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM posted to rec.boats

John H. wrote:
...Alex!!!

Hope you're having a spectacular day.

Thanks, guys! I was on the high seas fishing for grouper and snapper.
Our group of six each came home with about 20lbs of fillets for the freezer.

I think my birthday wish was a day early anyway. Glad you had a good
time! Did all that fish run you
about $7.99 a pound, or was it a bit more?

The only way the average person saves any money catching fish is if
they do it off a bridge or dock. Anything you catch offshore will end
up being ridiculously expensive if you amortized the cost of the boat,
fuel, bait and other equipment. A guy like Wayne may be an exception
because he fishes while he is going somewhere else but I imagine 1st
class air fare would disappear in the cost of maintaining and feeding
his boat without a ripple.

Cheaper to jump on a party/head boat. Salmon here is about $150 a trip on
a party boat. My boat, probably couple hundred. Years ago, maybe 1993,
was part of a survey when I fished out of Santa Cruz in my 14’ aluminum
skiff. He asked what I spent for the day. I said $90. Thinking later, I
was probably closer to $110 to the local economy. That included $8 lunch.
Remember this was early 1990’s as I replaced that boat in 1995.

Present boat is $130 month storage, $20 month insurance, then for a trip to
the ocean, $21 bridge toll, $15 launch, $15+ for bait, at least $25 fuel.
Towing at 15 mpg for the 50 miles as opposed to driving my Volt even on gas
for 35 mpg. And this is for rock cod, not salmon. Salmon, more trolling,
more expensive bait. Rock cod mostly jigs and some squid. Salmon herring
and anchovies.

Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM posted to rec.boats

On Sun, 19 May 2019 17:35:41 -0000 (UTC), Bill

John H. wrote:
[...]

I don't actually fish but if I did, I would be like Wayne. It would be
part of a boat ride I am already taking.
I also have a pretty cheap boat to own. The last time I ran the
numbers for McGrew it was costing me about $6-10 an hour all in. Most
of that was gas. The fixed cost and amortization works out to around
$3.50 an hour. (insurance, dock maintenance, boat maintenance, taxes
and amortized boat and engine cost)
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM posted to rec.boats

John H. wrote:
[...]

Oh crap. Now folks will know the origination of my gmail username.

Happy Birthday... F.O.A.D. General 6 December 26th 13 04:17 PM
Happy Birthday!!! Tom Francis - SWSports General 4 November 11th 08 12:24 AM
Happy Birthday Joe Cruising 4 November 11th 07 01:15 PM
Happy Birthday! Maynard G. Krebbs General 2 November 10th 07 12:00 PM
Happy birthday to you...... [email protected] General 2 June 24th 05 10:01 PM